Friday, October 4, 2019

Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well. I'm exhausted but looking forward to the weekend!I'm especially excited because I actually have plans! I am going to go to a psychic fair that is being held on Sunday and I'm really looking forward to it. I've never been to one so I'm not entirely sure what it entails but it sounded like something that would be interesting to check out. I've been a lot more spiritual over the past year or so and I think that this would be really cool. I will definitely let you know how it goes!

Other than that I plan on working on some art for the event I will be selling at in a few weeks and RELAXING. I've been so drained since I started this new job but I'm really trying to get back into the swing of things. For today, I have some stuff I ate to share with you. I apologize in advance for the horrendous lighting. I am not home during daylight all that often anymore.


As you know, I'm not really a pasta person. One pasta dish I did love was fettuccini alfredo. I really wanted to try making it and I wanted it in its proper, unhealthy form. I found a super easy recipe online and gave it a try. The texture of the sauce was great but I used the wrong creamer. It was supposed to be unsweetened but had a hint of sweetness so it was a little odd. I think I need to try and find Ripple or something completely unsweetened and give this a try again. Oh, and because I don't eat pasta I had to use udon noodles for this dish 😂


You guys know that I'm a grilled cheese master and this one was no exception. It was perfect on sourdough bread and so so gooey. This was exactly the comfort meal I needed!


I've been enjoying avocado toast for breakfast. Always delicious.


Delicious honeycrisp apples in horrible lighting. So sorry.


Random snacky type lunch plate. This is the ranch dip from Trader Joe's. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It has a nice flavor but you really get hit with that coconut flavor. I'm wondering how it would be with something more savory. For now, I'm not sure I'd repurchase.


Veggie filled plate with potatoes, broccoli and delicious asparagus. This was a great meal and I had it several times this week.

I hope that you all had a great week and that you enjoy your weekend! 💚

6 comments:

Holly said...

Same here on the vegan ranch from TJ. I was so excited to find it, but then it just tasted weird. I'll stick to making my own. But the chocolate hummus is a different story! Yummmm!

Susan said...

Oh... the vegan ranch is coconut based? I was excited about it, but now I am fine that I will never get to try it. Yuck. :/
Your grilled cheese looks amazing, with potato gems, perfect comfort food.
I love pasta, but also love using udon in pasta dishes instead of regular pasta. Udon has such a great, chewy texture that I love. And I think it goes really well with creamy/cheesy things.

J said...

I love that you substituted udon noodles for the fettuccine, haha! The grilled cheese with tater tots looks so good, as does the plate of broccoli, potatoes, and asparagus, yum!

Hillary said...

Cheap lazy vegan uses udon noodles a lot and she says they are great with creamy pasta!!
You really do make gorgeous grilled cheese!! I need to take some lessons from you!
I hope you had so much fun at the psychic fair, I can't wait to hear all about it!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

For things like this, my preferred cream substitute used to be Ripple, but then Coffee Mate started making unsweetened non-dairy half-and-half and I usually use that. It's easier to find and cheaper. Another option is Better Half. I've tried all of them in Alfredo sauce and I'm happy with the results from all. I hope you find something that works well for you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ranch dip review I was wondering how you liked it. All your food looks delicious.
I hope things calm down at work.
Hope you and your family are well.