Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Getting Back to Normal(ish)

Hey everyone! I hope that all is well and that you enjoyed the long weekend (if you had a long weekend - I sadly did not). Things are on the upswing here with my tooth finally feeling better. I've been feeling pretty happy and that's awesome because the struggle can be real as you know 😂 I don't have a ton of food pics because it was a lot of bananas, watermelon, soft bread with peanut butter and other soft foods as I waited for the antibiotics to do their thing. I did take a few to share and I have a few more pieces of art that I worked on over the weekend.


As you know, I don't eat a ton of pasta but some well cooked pasta was perfect because it was soft enough to chew when my pain was at its worst. This just has a little Earth Balance and some salt.


I ran over to the vegan market to see if I could find anything festive for Memorial Day. I walked out with some Vegan Rob's Cheddar Puffs and the Field Roast Mini Corn Dogs (which I didn't even eat for Memorial Day 😂).


I also went to the bakery and grabbed this cookie dough brownie and it was DELICIOUS.


Finally, now that I am doing a lot better and can handle some more firm meals, I grabbed a pumpernickel onion bagel with Tofutti. I asked for plain but got scallion and I'm not made at it, ha! It was really good.


Over the weekend I worked on some more mixed media art projects. I really like how these came out.


This is a closer picture so you could read the quotes and see the cool textures going on.


I made tis one as a gift and I can't wait to send it to her! I love that color green so much! 😍

So that's what I have for you today! Did you do anything fun for your Memorial Day/long weekend? Let me know!

6 comments:

Bianca said...

Aw I love the artwork!! And I'm such a big fan of those Vegan Rob's puffs. So glad you're able to eat bagels again!!

Susan said...

Again, such lovely art!
I am glad you are feeling better.
I recently bought a bag of those Cheddar Puffs and am looking forward to eating them.

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I love corn dogs and pasta and bagels with cream cheese so this seems like a good selection of foods! Glad you're doing better.

Your color and composition are both lovely in your art pieces. I am sure the person you made that for will love it.

Hillary said...

I love those cheddar puffs so much!! They are definitely the best vegan cheese puffs I've tried!!
Your art is seriously so beautiful!

Sarah said...

Bianca: Thank you!! The puffs are awesome and I'm glad too!

Susan: Thank you so much <3 The cheddar puffs are so good, I can't wait to enjoy mine!

The Student-Turned-Doctor: Haha thanks, they were all delicious! Thank you so much I appreciate that :) I hope she does!

Hillary: They are so good! I need to try more Vegan Rob's products! Thank you! <3

J said...

A cookie dough brownie sounds amazing! I love your art so much; these ones are so pretty with the butterflies!