Friday, May 3, 2019

What I Ate In A Day

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well. I'm still trying to get back into my groove with cooking and being productive so meals have been blah lately but I am planning on going to Trader Joe's this weekend to get some fresh stuff back in my life. For now I'm just using what I have in the fridge, pantry and freezer. I figured I'd photograph my meals in one day and share them with you. Next week I should have a haul to share and some delicious meals using fresh foods.


For breakfast I had one of my favorite budget, pantry meals. I made some oatmeal with cinnamon, a banana and some slivered almonds. It was really delicious and quick to make and super filling.


For "lunch" I brought a granny smith apple and a packet of Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter. I LOVE this almond butter, the flavor is so good and it is perfect with an apple.


For dinner I made an individual flatbread pizza with some Daiya Cutting Board Shreds that I had. It was actually really delicious and satisfied the pizza craving that I had.

So that was my day of eating. Maybe not super exciting and definitely lacking in color and I can't wait to fix that. Do you guys have any fun weekend plans? Inspire me to do something 😂

Have a great weekend! 💜

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The apple and nut butter combo has never gotten old for me! One of the few childhood favorites that i still have with some frequency. And seriously that justin’s vanilla almond butter is SO GOOD! It’s expensive enough i rarely buy the jar (which i would certainly go through quickly!) so i get packets like this once in a while. Pizza always sounds good! Looks like some nice melty cheese there too.
I hope that you’re feeling better and wish you a low stress TJs shopping trip ;) I actually discovered that if i keep in my earbuds and listen to music while shopping there it helps combat the chaos and make it slightly less stressful
Ttrockwood

Hillary said...

I agree with TTrockwood, I always love apples and peanut or nut butter! I don't really care for almond butter, but vanilla almond butter sounds tasty. I'll have to look for those little pouches so I can try it.
Good luck at Trader Joe's! I couldn't do it this week. If you make it, stay safe and try not to meltdown! (Ha Ha )

Sarah said...

Ttrockwood: It's such a great combination and a perfect snack to leave you feeling satiated! I would never buy a jar of the almond butter because I don't eat it often enough to justify it but I love getting a few packets to enjoy once in a while. The maple flavor is amazing too! Daiya has really upped their game on the shredded cheese, it melts SO WELL and tastes good too. Thank you so much, that is a great tip! Apparently my store is one of the top 15 busiest stores in the country which is horrendous for me but at least I have one close I guess, ha! Hopefully they'll have the sun butter cups because I'll need a treat after the trip ;)

Hillary: I don't like almond butter either but the vanilla flavor is delicious. It adds some sweetness and flavor and it's amazing. It would be great in a smoothie too. Haha thanks, I'll try not to lose my shit (no promises though, lol!).

Susan said...

We are having a long weekend here - hurrah! Yesterday (Saturday) I scored some cool stuff for Free Comic Book Day, and then met a friend in the evening to get an early dinner at the Buddha's Birthday vegetarian food markets and then we went to the Museum at Night to see the NASA exhibit... But that took it all out of me, so for the next two days my plans are a morning yoga class and a lot of Netflix. I hope whatever you do on your weekend it is fun.

I don't like apples on their own, they make my hungrier than before I started, but I do love them as a vehicle for nut butters. They are a great combination and it fills me nicely.

Sarah said...

Susan: Yay for a long weekend! Sounds like a great weekend, I'm hoping that you were able to relax and do lots of yoga and binge Netflix :) Apples with nut butter is the best!

J said...

Vanilla almond butter sounds amazing, and your pizza looks great, too!