Friday, May 17, 2019

Popping In

Hey you guys! I hope all is well. This week has been chock full of more craziness with more testing and stuff. I am going in for my follow up and full results on Monday but from what it seems so far I have no nerve damage (yay!) but two herniated discs in my neck. I also saw the word myelopathy on the screen with the MRI report but I guess we'll see on Monday. I've been completely drained all week and I'm hoping to be able to catch up a bit on rest this weekend. 

I don't have much to share today but I guess some is better than nothing, right?


On Wednesday I had the testing from 7:00am - 8:30 am so there definitely wasn't much time to do anything in the morning. I decided to take part in Sushi Wednesday and grabbed this beautiful, fresh sushi for $5. Can't go wrong with that.


My dad surprised me with some AMAZING watermelon. I'm shocked by how good it is, especially for this time of year.


I've been trying to be consistent with my art because it has been very therapeutic for me. It is a great distraction from my anxiety and other stuff that I deal with so I've been trying to spend some time every day working on it. This is a teeny tiny mixed media canvas that I made and I really love how it came out. I like working with these little canvases and I think I'm going to grab a bunch more because it is a great, manageable size for me to work with as I'm getting started and learning more about this particular type of art. 

That's all I have for you today! I hope you all have a great weekend! Let me know all of the fun things you have planned in the comments 😃

7 comments:

J said...

All the testing sounds so draining; I hope you have a nice, restful weekend!
Your art is incredible and so very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your art!!!

Hillary said...

I really hope you have an amazing, restful weekend, The tests must be so stressful.
You are so talented! I can't wait to see more!!

Sarah said...

Julie: It was really exhausting, I'm so ready to have a relaxing weekend. I am on an art kick so I think I'll just end up creating some more canvases while I have the energy to do it. Thank you so much, I appreciate that!!

Anonymous: Thank you so much, that means a lot!! <3

Hillary: Thanks, I'm so ready for the weekend! I have an early appointment on Monday for the results but hopefully I can rest otherwise. Thank you so much! <3

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

That canvas is so beautiful!

Sorry about the myelopathy and herniated disks. That sounds really unfortunate.

I haven't had watermelon in ages (it's not single person friendly) but yours does look beautiful.

Susan said...

What a lovely canvas.
I'm sorry to hear about the herniated discs, but glad to hear no nerve damage. <3
My weekend is over but I spent it doing some yoga, baking, Eurovision watching, and visiting my best friend. Though Dim Sim was unwell with a UTI yesterday, but drugs have made her better. It is Monday now, and I have the next 10 days off on holidays to hang out with her. YAY!

Sarah said...

The Student-turned-Doctor: Thank you so much! I'm just glad that I have a cause for the upper body stuff. I knew it could be all fibromyalgia related but it just felt like there was something else going on. The watermelon was delicious! They have mini watermelons, maybe that would be better for you!

Susan: Thank you! Sounds like an amazing weekend! I'm sorry that Dim Sim was unwell but I'm glad she is doing better! hooray for 10 days off, that is wonderful!