Friday, May 31, 2019

Pinterest Summer Roundup

Hey guys! I hope all is well! This is not the post I was hoping for today but the week just got away from me, I got stuck in my head about some stuff and photographing food just wasn't on the agenda for me. I figured that rather than skip the post I'd share some awesome recipes I found on Pinterest and am looking forward to trying this summer. Let me know if there are any fun recipes that you are looking to try or any of your summer staples that I should try!


The first recipe are these 3 Ingredient Kind Coconut Almond Bars from the Beaming Baker. I think these will be a perfect summer snack on the go, especially because I am planning on getting back into a gym routine and these will help me feel energized. The original Kind bars contain honey are are more expensive than necessary so I'm looking forward to trying them out on my own!


The second recipe that I'm excited to try is the Long Weekend Grilled Salad from Oh She Glows. I love grilled veggies in the summer so this salad is right up my alley! I can't wait to try it, it'll be a perfect healthy staple meal.


The next recipe screams summer to me. These are the Zucchini and Chickpea Pancakes from Just Hungry. I think these sound amazing and I am planning on adding corn to them because I think it'll add that much more summer freshness!


This is the Farro and Corn Salad from the Food Network. It is bright and beautiful and screams summer freshness. I think this will be a perfect work lunch during the summer, it'll be quick, hearty and delicious.


OMG YOU GUYS. I am not a fan of putting on the oven in the summer but I sure as hell will to make these Vegan S'mores Brownies from Make Thyme for Health! Are you kidding me with these?! I think these would be a great dessert for 4th of July or a night out by the fire pit. They look sooooooo good!


I've always wanted to try dessert hummus and this Brownie Batter Dessert Hummus from A Virtual Vegan looks perfect!!! I think it'll be a great dessert with some fruit for a summer chocolate fix. I'm really excited to try this one!

So these are the summer recipes I'm really excited to try and review for you! Let me know what you are looking forward to trying this summer! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. 💜



7 comments:

J said...

The grilled salad sounds nice, and those s'mores brownies look incredible!

Hillary said...

They all look amazing! A grilled vegetable salad sounds so freaking good!!
I've been wanting to try dessert hummus too. I've heard pretty good things.

Panty Buns said...

love that you linked to the articles with the recipes for all these scrumptious vegan taste treats!!! The coconut almond bars, long weekend grilled salad. zucchini and chick pea pancakes, farro and corn salad, vegan s'mores brownies and desert chocolate hummus all look delicious! Just looking at all these yummy dishes is making me feel hungry.

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I'm looking forward to turning some fresh corn into corn chowder, and also just eating fresh corn on the cob. I'm also planning to make a lot of pasta salad this summer, and rediscovering sandwiches. But for some reason right now I'm into baking pizzas and I guess I need to get all my pizzas out of my system before it is consistently too hot for the oven!

I haven't made the rounds of Pinterest lately, but your selections sound good!

Jennifer said...

I need to try those zucchini chickpea pancakes! THey look great!

Also if you are at Aldi's see if they have chickpea dessert hummus. Wolfie loves their brownie batter one, and I dig it too

Sarah said...

Julie: I can't wait to try both of them!

Hillary: I really want to try dessert hummus! It'll be so good with strawberries, apples and graham crackers, yum!

Panty Buns: Of course, I would never post anyone else's photos or recipes without giving credit and also showing you where you can find the yumminess! I am excited to try all of them and to share the results with you guys!

The Student-Turned-Doctor: Oooh corn chowder sounds so good. Fresh corn is one of the biggest highlights of summer. I've had pasta salad and sandwiches on my mind too! Those are great lunches, super easy! Oooh yes it will be way too hot for the oven soon!

Jennifer: Zucchini pancakes are one of my favorites and I never make them! I've seen the dessert hummus there but never picked it up! I kind of have ideas for some fun flavors and I saw on FB that there is a brand (of course the name is slipping my mind) that has tons of flavors like mocha and lemon meringue!

Susan said...

I've had the OSG cookbook with that grilled salad that I have been wanting to make for ages but never had because of the grilling. One day!
Everything looks lovely for summer, though that dessert hummus is really calling my name.