Saturday, April 11, 2020

Champs Diner in Brooklyn, NY

Hey guys! Hope you are all well, safe and healthy. Today's post is definitely something special because I had wanted to try this restaurant for a long time. Anyone that has been to this region will know that diners are a big deal. We LOVE diners and they are EVERYWHERE. Since going vegan it has been difficult to indulge in diner fare but we are lucky enough to be able to do so thanks to Champs Diner in Brooklyn. In December I went to visit Doug's grave with two of my friends and we decided that the best way to honor him after would be to enjoy a meal for him. Doug was a foodie so he definitely would have approved of the plan so we decided to head over to Champs Diner after we spent some time with him.

There were 4 of us in total (my friend's son came as well) and I got most of what we ordered except for one of my friend's entrees and my friend's son's entrée. I'll share the photos that I did get though.


We all really wanted to try the biscuits and gravy and OMG are we glad we did. We all LOVED it!! Biscuits are one of my favorite things and their sausage gravy was absolutely delicious. We didn't really eat the hash browns because we all had some sort of potato with our meals but omg those biscuits were amazing!


This was by far my favorite part of the meal. I had been craving a Caesar salad for months at that point so we ordered a chick'n Caesar salad to share. It was absolutely delicious and exactly what I had been wanting. Everyone else enjoyed it as well.


This was my meal. Breakfast was always my favorite at the diner so I ended up getting a breakfast plate. It looks delicious but was sadly only ok to me. I wasn't really impressed by the tofu scramble (I ate maybe half of it) and I decided to get all sausage because I have always hated bacon. I ate one of those and was kind of over it. The star of the plate was the French toast which was so surprising to me! I normally don't eat sweet breakfasts in the form of French toast or waffles or pancakes (I like them but I just don't really eat them), but this French toast was seriously delicious! It kind of made me wonder why I don't eat it more often but it's probably for the best that I don't, ha! It was definitely the star of the plate though.


One of my friends got the same thing as me but she got hers the way it comes on the menu which is with both bacon and sausage. 

I didn't get a photo of my other friend's meal (she has a really amazing looking burger) but I did get a photo of her dessert!


She ordered the birthday cake sundae and holy shit you guys, how amazing does that look! I was so full I couldn't fit another bite in my facehole but it just looks incredible. It had ice cream, whipped cream, funfetti cake bites, sprinkles and a cherry. It may have had syrup but I don't remember. It looked amazing and I really wish I had space for a bite but I just couldn't do it.

I have been back one more time since this outing and decided to go for the chicken Caesar salad for my meal and it was just as delicious. We also tried the nachos and holy fuck were they good!

Bottom line is that Champs Diner in Brooklyn is seriously amazing and I can't wait to get back there after this damn pandemic. Everything on the menu looks and sounds incredible and there are so many more items to try. I'm glad that I was able to go with my friends and share a meal in Doug's honor. It was really a bittersweet day but I'm so grateful for the amazing people that I met through him.

So that's all for today. Stay well and stay safe my friends 💚

6 comments:

J said...

The biscuits and gravy look so good, and that's awesome that you got to enjoy a chick'n Caesar salad! The french toast definitely looks like the best part of your breakfast plate, and the birthday cake sundae sounds so fun! I'm happy that you were able to have such a nice meal in Doug's honor <3

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Oh, wow, that looks like an amazing assortment of diner food! I'd definitely go for biscuits and gravy, too.

Susan said...

Champs is a place that is definitely on my To Go To One Day List, I have heard so many things about it. Too bad the breakfast plate wasn't what you'd hoped, but everything else sounds amazing!

Hillary said...

I've always heard great things about Champ's. That's awesome that you got to go! The salad looks so great! An how cool to be able to get so many diner staples veganized!!

Sarah said...

Julie: The biscuits and gravy were DELICIOUS!! I think it was a favorite amongst the entire table. The salad was exactly what I wanted it to be and the French toast was amazing. It was definitely nice to celebrate him in that way.

The Student-turned-Doctor: It was so delicious! This place is amazing and I can't wait to get back!

Susan: When you come to NY I'll have to take you to all the places! I need to get you to That Pizza Place too ;) The breakfast plate was good, I just know that there are a lot of other dishes that would have been better.

Hillary: Champs is incredible and I'm glad I finally made it there! I can't wait to try other stuff on the menu!

istif makinesi said...

elektrikli makaslı platform
hidrolik asansör
yük asansörü
zincirli monoray caraskal
manuel istif makinesi
akülü istif makinesi