Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well and staying safe and healthy. I'm trying to get used to the new normal and have some struggles of course but I think I'm holding up ok. I've been trying to psych myself up to go to Aldi but haven't gotten there quite yet. I'm going to try really hard to get there on Thursday but I guess we'll see. This week I tried to photograph as much as I could and have a few pictures to show you of stuff I ate. This week is Passover but I haven't really been following it because let's be real, we are in the middle of a plague so I think all will be forgiven if I can't get my kosher for Passover food.

So here is some stuff I've been eating!


First up I have a little flatbread pizza and some steamed broccoli which I desperately needed.


I made this udon noodle stir fry and it was so delicious! It was udon noodles with zucchini and broccoli and onions and I added some tamari, agave and some garlic.


I found this really cool product and was lucky enough to get my hands on it! I still haven't tried the Just Egg in the bottle because the price was just crazy to me but I decided I couldn't pass these folded "eggs" up. You know I love my breakfast sandwiches so I thought it would be a fun time to try something new!



Another amazing breakfast sandwich, this time with the Just Egg and Beyond sausage patties. The sausage patties were super delicious and I can't decide if I like the Beyond Sausage or the Field Roast better. I would definitely buy them both again. The Just Egg folded things were good and definitely mimicked having eggs in the sandwich but they were kind of bland. I don't know how often I would buy them but it is definitely good and I'm glad I tried it. I definitely still want to try the liquid version. I think Aldi carries it at a much better price so I'm hoping to get my hands on it at some point.


This was a random udon noodle soup with some corn and broccoli and Better than Bouillon No Chick'n Broth. It was very delicious and came together quickly


This last treat was something I found on Pinterest for 3 ingredient cookies! I used this recipe and it was so simple and came together so quickly and they were delicious! The three ingredients are almond flour, banana and baking powder. I wanted to add even more flavor so I included some chocolate chunks, some vanilla extract and a little maple syrup. They were seriously delicious and I will probably experiment with oat flour and different add ins as well.


They aren't the most beautiful but they were tasty and seriously so easy. I highly recommend them.


I've moved my home office out of my brother's house and into my own home because I just didn't feel comfortable leaving my house and being around other people anymore. I did snap one last photo of my lazy coworker sleeping on the job yet again. He is too adorable and I definitely think that is why he gets away with it 😉

I hope that you are all holding up ok and staying healthy 💚

6 comments:

Bianca said...

Ah I've missed your posts!! Glad you're doing well. And I didn't know the Just Egg folded eggs were a thing. I'm going to have to look for them on my next grocery trip, which I'm also trying to do as sparsely as possible. I can't wait til this is all over, and we can all enjoy grocery shopping again. What used to be a fun excursion is now a stressful, anxiety-ridden experience. :-(

Susan said...

Oooh, some good food! Those cookies look great, though I have never seen almond flour here, just almond meal. But you mentioned oat flour so maybe I can try them with that!

I miss happy grocery shopping tips as well.

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I didn't realize they sold Just Egg in precooked form! But I have had a lot of success making mung bean omelets, which you can fold like that (and I think Just Egg is made from mung beans anyway), so I'll probably stick with that because it's made me happy. I'm using Liv B's recipe for the mung bean omelets.

Be gentle with yourself! If you can't get to the store, I hope there are some other options. I decided I can't do the grocery shopping again, myself, so I've spent a lot of time figuring out all the ways to avoid it, and now I'm feeling at least somewhat secure that I've done my very best to take care of myself. I'm sure, whatever you do, you're doing your best, too.

J said...

Your udon noodle stir fry and soup both look great! And those cookies sound like a wonderful success!

Sarah said...

Bianca: Aww thanks! They are indeed a thing! They are ok, it's more the novelty of it rather than the flavor for me. I can't wait either, grocery shopping should not be panic inducing!!

Susan: Thanks! Yes, almond flour is a thing! I actually just bought some more from Aldi so I can make more cookies :) I miss them too!

The Student-turned-Doctor: Ooooh that sounds great and I love Liv B.! She's one of the few unproblematic vegans on YouTube (in my opinion at least). Thank you <3 Getting a delivery time is nearly impossible here so that's not really an option for now at least. I can't wait to be able to go stress free but I think that I chose the best option because it really wasn't that bad.

Julie: Thank you! The cookies were great, I'll definitely be making them again!

zincirli vinç said...

monoray vinç
monoray elektrikli vinç
monoray caraskal
halatlı vinç
monoray halatlı vinç
halatlı elektrikli vinç