Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Sweet To Lick Haul

Hey friends 💚I hope that you are all doing well and staying healthy. I've discussed Sweet To Lick here many times (click the tag for my other posts!). It is an amazing local business that I've enjoyed supporting since they've opened. They opened as a bakery location then opened a market two doors down. They decided to combine the two and moved the market items over to a section of the bakery. In these weird times they've stayed open but have turned into a pick up only spot. What they do is post pictures of what they have in the market as well as menus for the bakery items, you call in your order and pay over the phone. They pack up your order and you pop over and pick it up. It's a really efficient and safe way to do some shopping right now. As I've mentioned, I'm terrified to go to the grocery store so this was a really great way to supplement my stash for a while. This stuff is mostly specialty stuff that I wouldn't typically find in my grocery store so it worked out well.


It has been a shitty ass week so chocolate was definitely on the list. I grabbed chocolate chunks for baking, some caramel eggs, a Vego bar (!!!!!) and a 2fer bar which is like a big vegan twix bar. I've only cracked into the 2Fer bar so far and it's really delicious. I've had Vego bars before and they are AMAZING. So rich and creamy. A little goes a long way and this bar is huge so it will last a while. I also grabbed a box of the Earth Balance cheddar squares.


I grabbed both the Beyond breakfast Sausage and the Field Roast breakfast sausage. I wanted a breakfast sandwich and breakfast sausage is really hard to get your hands on right now so I grabbed one of each to taste test and so I had a proper stash. I also got some Violife Mozzarella shreds, Violife Mature Cheddar slices, the Kite Hill Spinach Ravioli (you know I'm not a pasta girl but omg this stuff is GOOD) and the Field Roast Mini corn dogs. I totally forgot that I got those until I saw this picture 😂


And this is the reason for the order 😂 I have been wanting a breakfast sandwich for weeks (most days I eat oatmeal with banana, raisins and almonds for breakfast) so I decided now was the time, ha! I made one of the Field Roast Breakfast Sausages and toasted a bagel with one of the Violife Cheddar slices. This was SO FUCKING GOOD and the perfect Sunday brunch meal. I really enjoyed the Field Roast breakfast sausage as well. It is a big patty so you only need one and it has great flavor. I would definitely purchase it again. 

I'm really glad that Sweet To Lick has stayed open and changed to pick up only because I felt comfortable going and I have some fun specialty items rounding out my pantry and freezer items. 

So there you have it! My next post will be really a recap of a restaurant that I went to with friends back in December that I had been wanting to try for such a long time. I hope that you are all doing well and staying safe and healthy 💚


6 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow, what a great haul! How nice that you can still get those items! I still haven't been able to find the vego bars anywhere, but you're right they are the best!!!
Your breakfast sandwich is seriously making me drool!! I didn't even know Field Roast made those patties, I thought it was only links! And I've heard really great things about the beyond sausage breakfast patties!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

That's a really great option! I'm glad you have it. I have had a 2Fer bar once and it was really good. I know what you mean about now being the time for ALL THE CHOCOLATE. I'm definitely in chocolate mode, too--in fact, I'm eating some while I'm writing this, but it isn't as nice as yours. It's just some chocolate covered jel rings from the kosher section. But when I order groceries again, I'm planning to splurge on something better!

Jennifer said...

Such a good haul! I’ve been wanting to support my local vegan shop but it is hard to justify the trip over state lines with a bridge toll. Luckily it sounds like they are beyond busy. I just wish I bought 10 vegp bars when I was there last time ��

Susan said...

An excellent haul, and so wonderful that you were able to support a local vegan business. Last week I did a huge shop at my 'local' (it is half an hour away from me, but it is the one in Brisbane) vegan store to support them, and I am hoping to do a trip out there every few weeks to help keep them in business.

Also now I really want a breakfast bagel, but alas the good bagel shop is in the city and I can't justify a trip there just for bagels at this current time.

Sarah said...

Hillary: I'm really lucky to live so close to this market and have access to specialty items right now. The Vego bars are amazing! When this is all over I'll definitely send some over if you want! The breakfast sandwich was amazing, exactly what I wanted. The Field Roast patties are amazing!

THe Student-turned-Doctor: I am really grateful for this option and will definitely continue to support them. THe 2fer bar is so good, it's my favorite from that brand! Now is definitely the time for all of the chocolate. I hope that you get to treat yourself to some yummy treats soon!

Jennifer: Thanks! Yeah, it's hard to justify long hauls but if business is doing well then it'll still be there when you can get back! I always regret not stocking up but then again, they are not cheap!

SUsan: Thanks! I really was happy I could support them. That's great that you were able to get over to your vegan shop as well. The bagel was so delicious but also my last one and I"m not sure when I'll get back to get some more. Hopefully soon because it was amazing! I don't blame you for not wanting to go out there, especially just for some bagels. <3 stay well

J said...

I'm glad you were able to treat yourself to such fun goodies and support your local vegan shop! I'll have to keep an eye out for the Field Roast breakfast sausage patties; your breakfast sandwich looks absolutely incredible!