Saturday, May 26, 2018

Quick Haul

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for your kind and supportive comments on my last post. It was a hard thing to share here but I'm glad that I did. I'm also excited to say that I decided to start my detox a bit early. Why wait until June 1 when I'm ready to go now, right? I am house sitting for the weekend so I didn't want to do a major grocery shopping until I get home but I did pick up some awesome stuff that I'm really excited about getting into. I found some good prices at a different grocery store that I don't usually go to but I picked up some of my favorite things! I will be starting tomorrow (Sunday) because I thought the weekend would be good in case I experience some unpleasant detox symptoms. Plus I'll have time to sleep it off and just get the rest that I need.

Anyway, here is the quick grocery haul:


My first watermelon of the season! I hope it is good. It sounded pretty hollow so I'm hoping that is a good sign? I got some frozen corn, two bags of frozen organic roasted red potatoes (the only ingredient is organic potatoes so I thought they were a good option - I would normally just get the fresh ones but I didn't want to deal with them when I wasn't home), some blackberries ($1.99!), asparagus, grapes, cherries(!!) and strawberries (also $1.99). I forgot to get frozen mango for smoothies which I will pick up tonight on the way home. I also have frozen blueberries, baby carrots, grapes and almond butter at home so I should be set while I'm house sitting.


The deli next to where I work makes THE BEST iced coffee so I decided to enjoy one with some Silk French Vanilla Soy Creamer today as a last hurrah 😉 I'll be enjoying the last of my corn dogs tonight as I'm trying to clean out and start over and I don't like wasting stuff, especially expensive stuff. If I leave them in the freezer they will inevitably be gross and freezer burned by the time I'm ready to have them again as a treat so I'm going to have a yummy dinner tonight and start fresh tomorrow.

So that's it for today. Thanks again for all of your support and I'm really excited to share all of my yummy meals this week! I will probably get my butt out of bed early one day this week to do a proper grocery trip to Trader Joe's so I'm more prepared for the remainder of the week.

I hope you all enjoy your holiday weekend! I'm looking forward to updating you on Tuesday!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I hope your watermelon is a good one! I've been having pretty good luck here.
Looks like you got some great stuff. I can't wait to see how you feel. Also what you think of those potatoes!

Sarah said...

It is pretty good! Not super sweet but not terrible. I'm still enjoying it! I can't wait to see how I feel too! I will be trying the potatoes tonight so I'll be able to update you in my next post!