Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Meal Prep and a Mini Lush Haul

Hey you guys! I hope that all is well and that you all had a great weekend. I had a really wonderful weekend and I am so excited to share what I did with you… on Friday! 😂 We went to the RISE of the Jack O'Lanterns last Saturday and I took tons of pictures to share but I thought it would be a great Fun Friday post for you guys. I am really excited to show you the amazing pumpkins that they had this year. I had THE BEST time, it is truly my favorite way to celebrate the Halloween season.

For today I still have some fun stuff to share. I did a lot of meal prep yesterday so I figured I'd show that to you along with a mini Lush haul! It has been so long since I've shopped at Lush but they just came out with a new product that I'm hoping will be really beneficial for me.

Anyway, here's all the stuff!


The first thing I made was the beautiful Apple Pecan Baked Oatmeal from Apples for CJ. It was so quick to put together, made the house smell amazing and is so so delicious! Definitely recommend!


Up next I just sautéed up some fajita veggies to have for burrito bowls and quesadillas. I made a mix of zucchini, onion and mushroom.


Last I made a stir fry and used the sauce from the Buddha's Delight Stir Fry from Dinner at the Zoo. I made my stir fry with tofu, onion, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus and mushrooms.


I had it for dinner last night and it was so delicious you guys. I just added a little brown rice to the bottom of the bowl and it was a quick, easy dinner.


As I mentioned above I found a new product from Lush that I really wanted to try. It is called Magic Crystals and it is a shower scrub. It has epsom salts, peppermint and menthol and is supposed to be great for achy muscles so I thought it would be really great if it really worked because it would be perfect to use during my Fibro flare ups. I also got a free tub of the Oatifix fresh face masks for finally returning the 5 empty pots that I've had forever (Lush is big into recycling guys!) and I asked for some samples of the solid mouthwash tabs. I'm really excited to try everything!


This was the description of the Magic Crystals Shower scrub. I'm really hoping that it works because it would be such a great thing to have. I was also concerned that it was part of their Halloween collection but it's permanent!


Finally, I just wanted to share my home screen on my phone because it is awesome. I'm sorry I can't share a source link, my friend sent me the image and I have no clue where she got it. If I can find it I will make sure to update it. I just love this picture so much, I feel like it is perfect for me!

So that's what I have for you today! I hope that you all have a wonderful week and definitely come back on Friday because I'm SO EXCITED to share my experience and RISE of the Jack O'Lanterns!

10 comments:

J said...

All of your meal prep looks fantastic! The baked oatmeal sounds perfect, and so many delicious veggies, yum! I hope the shower scrub helps you, and I'm definitely looking forward to your jack-o-lanterns post!

Hillary said...

Wow, that baked oatmeal sounds amazing!! Also the stir fry, yum!
I take baths with Epsom salts all the time. I'm super interested to hear how that scrub works, that sounds like a great option if I'm pressed for time but hurt!!

Love the home screen!

Sarah said...

Thank you! The baked oatmeal is really yummy and I've been enjoying everything else too! I can't wait for you to see the jack o'lanterns, it was such a fun time!

Sarah said...

It is so good and came together so quickly! I hope that the scrub works, I think it would be a perfect way to get a little relief when the flares are really bad.

Thanks! I do too. I think I'll be using it far beyond halloween, ha!

Bianca said...

Oooh that stir-fry looks awesome!! And I LOVE Lush. Sadly, our Memphis Lush closed a few years back, but I used to use the Oatifix mask and it did wonders for my dry skin

Sarah said...

Thank you! Oh no!! Lush is the best, I'm so sorry yours closed! I'm looking forward to a pamper night this weekend with my face mask, the cold weather has been brutal on my skin! I hope you are able to find another location!

Panty Buns said...

Those meals look so incredibly delicious that I don't think I'll be able to resist trying to make them, despite my being unbelievably lazy.
That Lush shower scrub sounds good too - my skin and muscle aches could really use some attention.

https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Thank you! Definitely try them, they actually don't take long to make and they are delicious!

I will definitely let you guys know how it is when I try it!

Jonathan Remsa said...

Yey rise of the jackolanterns! That's in Sleepy Hollow right? The stir fry looks super yummy! I use to make that bake (or something similar) for Gavin but I kind-of stopped. Maybe I should do it again now that it is cold.

Sarah said...

This particular even was in Old Westbury Gardens and it was beautifully done. Thank you! Yes, definitely try it again, it's so good and perfect for chilly fall days.