Tuesday, October 2, 2018

H-Mart Haul & Meal Prep

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all well and had a great weekend! Mine was sort of lazy and sort of productive but I guess that's how most of my weekends go. The pain has been pretty bad this week so I've been taking it easy and trying to do a little extra self care as well. I'm planning on starting to do some yoga in the evenings so I can get all relaxed and stretched out before bed. I found some really great videos geared toward people with chronic pain and illness so they are more gentle practices and that is exactly what I need. I'm looking forward to it. I may try to do yoga by candle light because I feel like it doesn't get much better than that!

Today I decided that I would focus a little on meal prep and also show you my latest H-Mart haul. I decided that I'm going to step up my ramen noodle game (there are plenty of gluten free ramen options, yay!) so I picked up a few things to get on that. I did a little meal prep for the week as well so I wanted to share that too!


So first up is my H-Mart haul. I grabbed some of that mushroom seasoning to make some broth (I will be using miso with it I think), some unsweetened original Almond Breeze for when I am ready to make that garlic sauce), some enoki mushrooms, green onion, baby bok choy and some soft tofu.


On Sunday I was not feeling great but I decided that I was going to make the gorgeous Chickpea Flour Mini Veggie Frittatas from The Mostly Vegan. I used spinach, mushrooms, broccoli and green onions and I used the Onion Salt from Trader Joe's instead of regular salt.


Aren't they beautiful?! They are delicious too you guys. I highly recommend this recipe! I have them in the freezer for a quick on the go breakfast.


The veggies I used were getting to their use by dates and I didn't know if I would use them in time so I packed them up and put them in the freezer to grab for a quick mid week stir fry. Looking at the picture I regret using the plastic bag but I will use a re-usable container next time. Anyway, the moral of the story is that I'm trying to limit my food waste by freezing any unused veggies before they go bad.


Finally, if you've been here a long time you'll know that I used to roast veggies to eat with my hummus/dolma plates. Since my favorite fresh tomatoes are out I decided I cook up my favorite veggie combo for this dish (minus the eggplant) and sautéed up some onion, zucchini and mushrooms. I'll reheat in the oven so it gets that roasted flavor and I promise you guys this is AMAZING with hummus and dolma and some lettuce (which I don't think I have… oops). 

Anyway, that is some of the prep that I did over the weekend and my amazing H-Mart haul. I love how affordable they are. That mushroom seasoning was the most expensive thing at $6.99 but when you think about it that is going to last so long. I think I read that it is good for three years so I imagine that it will go A LONG WAY and that makes the price tag so worth it to me.

What are some of the things you've been meal prepping lately? These veggies will also be amazing in burrito bowls with brown rice, black beans, corn and avocado. I think that it will end up being a staple for me :)

I hope that you all have a wonderful week! I'll be back on Friday to share some of the amazing meals I've been eating lately!

9 comments:

J said...

I'm sorry you've been dealing with a lot of pain recently; hopefully your gentle yoga will help! Those frittatas look amazing, and I'm looking forward to seeing your gluten free ramen dishes!

Hillary said...

I think candle light yoga sounds like a wonderful idea! Maybe followed by an Epsom salt soak? That's how I've been managing my back pain.
The mushroom seasoning is so worth it! I add it to soups and curries and sauces and it really does make the flavor pop!! And you're right, it lasts a looooong time!
Those frittatas look amazing! I tried to make a frittata forever ago and I failed HARD!!! Maybe I should try this recipe.
I hope you're feeling better!
Oh, an I like to make big batches of beans so I have them for whatever throughout the week!

Bianca said...

I love mushroom seasoning! I just discovered this recently! A friend gifted me a bag and MAN SO GOOD. And the bag is huge. :-)

The little frittatas are so cute!

Sarah said...

Thanks, I hope so too. The frittatas are really good and fun! It's a nice change of pace from my usual breakfasts.

Sarah said...

Thanks, I think so too! Oooh that would be a great idea.

I'm so excited to try the seasoning! Definitely try the frittata recipe, it's really great and you could customize it however you want. I bet it would be delicious with potatoes in there too!

Sarah said...

Yay for mushroom seasoning! I can't wait to try!

Aren't they?! It would probably be delicious as a large baked frittata too.

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Your frittatas look great! I love night yoga, and a candle would be even better (I sometimes do it by the light of a string of Christmas lights I have in my living room). I am all about the gentle wake up yoga, too, when I have time (and it's an amazing weekend indulgence).

As for my food prepping, I wandered off into the French corner of the vegan internet and Americanized a terrine based on a recipe I had to translate. It turned out pretty well! And also I think you could eat it, as it happens. It'll show up soon on my blog.

Sarah said...

Thank you! Night yoga sounds like a perfect way to unwind before bed. I love Christmas Lights too, it's that glow that makes me so happy. I'm definitely going to have to try weekend morning yoga. I think it'll be especially nice on a cozy winter day!

Oooh that terrine sounds amazing! I'll be looking for it on your blog! :)

wee said...

istif makinesi
yük asansörü
akülü istif makinesi