Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Orlando Vacation: Stuff I Ate!

Hey everyone! I hope that all is well! I'm back from Florida and have two awesome posts planned for you :) Today I'll be sharing some of the delicious meals that I ate on my trip and on Friday I'll be sharing some of the stuff that we did.

I tried to photograph and much as I could so you could get a good idea of some of the deliciousness that I ate. Here it is!


One of the first things I consumed when I got there was this Basic Bitch Starbucks 😂 I got a tall soy hazelnut latte and it was delicious.


For dinner Thursday night we went to Loving Hut and it was AMAZING! We were starving, I actually had only had the Starbucks and a banana that day and we got to Loving Hut at about 5:15. We both got the same thing and started off with this seriously delicious wonton soup. This is the only way I'll eat cilantro because it doesn't taste soapy in this for some reason. Anyway, it is delicious and was a perfect way to warm up a little and satisfy that hunger while waiting for my dinner.


For dinner I got my usual which is the Combo #1. It is so freaking good! They changed up the rice a little since the last time I was there but it was still delicious. This meal was exactly what I wanted and I love getting it every time I'm in Florida.


I was really craving some fruit so I got this little fruit cup from Wawa (NY get your shit together and get some Wawas!! They are awesome!). It had mango, pineapple, apples and grapes.


I usually cook a meal when I visit so this time I made this yummy pasta dish. It is whole wheat pasta with some asparagus and tomatoes roasted in garlic and olive oil and some spinach. It was in garlic and olive oil and was really good.


This is my plate. For serving reference I used a salad plate for my meal so I had some pasta with some vegan cheesy garlic toast that I made to go along with it.


On Saturday we met up with some other friends for an awesome brunch at Ethos Vegan Kitchen! This is another must when I go down there because Ethos makes the most delicious vegan brunch. Just like with Loving Hut I have my favorite there that I don't stray from and that is the Breakfast Burrito. 


I took a pic once I busted into it. It had tofu scramble, potatoes and vegan sausage in it and it is smothered in an amazing white gravy. It's so freaking good.


This was a random meal I threw together. I found the Daiya burritos in my trip to Sprouts (more on that on Friday!) so I had that with some chips and guar and some of the leftover fruit from my snack. It was really good.


Finally for something sweet (there was also a reason we picked this particular thing) we got the Daiya Chocolate Cheezecake and you guys. This is GOOD. Like I was completely shocked by how good and authentic it tasted. I am so glad that we tried it because I know it'll be a great dessert option for a holiday if I need something quick.

So there you have it, lots of delicious meals enjoyed in Orlando! I'm really excited to share all of the fun things that we did in Friday's post! I hope you all have a great week and I'll see you on Friday!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Well first of all thank you for bringing back the sunshine and good weather!!! :)) these past few days of weird warm were much appreciated!

That must have been one crazy early morning if you were in florida with a starbucks by 10am... although i find it’s easier to get up super early when it’s to go on vacation ;)
All your meals look so good! That breakfast burrito would definitely make it hard to ever order something else-and somehow burritos are way better when someone else makes them.
I have never seen a daiya chocolate cheesecake- didn’t realize such a thing existed! Sounds like i need to track one down, the couple of vegan cheesecakes i have tried have been lackluster to put it kindly
Ttrockwood

Hillary said...

I LOVE wonton soup! I haven't ha it in years!!
I completely agree that burritos are always better made by someone else!
That pasta is absolutely stunning!!
I've had the plain aiya cheesecake and I really, really loved it, but I've never had the chocolate. I need to fix that.

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I went to a Loving Hut in New Jersey once and it wasn't the best experience, but that does look amazing! And yes, you totally need to get Wawas in New York. I'm not as dedicated to them as some are but they are pretty convenient!

The pasta you made is the most beautiful meal of all here, but the brunch looks amazing, too. Glad you had a good trip!

Sarah said...

Haha yay! I have been saying you're welcome to everyone this week because I definitely gave myself credit for the good weather ;)

I was in the shower by 7:30 that morning and we left at about 9:20 to go to the park. It wasn't super early (I wake up early naturally) but it was good because we got home early too. The breakfast burrito is amazing, I have to recreate it at home!

OMG you have to find the chocolate cheesecake, it's so good! I was shocked because I hate Daiya cream cheese and I didn't expect to like it but it tasted so authentic!

Sarah said...

Their wonton soup is so good! It's really light and I would buy it by the bucket if I could!

Yes, burritos are always better when someone else makes it! And thanks, the pasta was delicious!

Try the chocolate, it is incredible! It would be amazing with macerated strawberries on top as well.

Sarah said...

I think all of the Loving Huts are different (the one in Brooklyn has a really different menu that doesn't appeal to me at all) but the one in Orlando is really good. Everything I've had there is delicious (I've tried a few other dishes on other trips) and they were all great!

Thank you so much! It was really quick and delicious and I kind of just made it up by thinking about how I could make the laziest dish possible, ha!

Thank you! <3

J said...

Glad to hear you had a fun time and some delicious eats in Florida! The wonton soup and combo meal both sound so good, and the pasta you made looks incredible! That's great that you were able to get your breakfast burrito again, too!

Jennifer said...

I love that Loving Hut. It is so good, and when I went the girl working there was soooo sweet. She was very nosey about all customers coming in, I guess since they get a lot of tourists. lol

Funny you mention Wawas, er... they aren't coming anytime soon. Apparently they are avoiding moving to Long Island since it is so expensive to open a business there. Same with Wegmans. But who knows, they might. There are so many new locations opening in South Jersey, I can't imagine they have many places left to expand lol

Sarah said...

Thank you! All of the meals were so delicious, we definitely ate well! :) I need to figure out how to recreate that burrito at home because it is so damn good!

Sarah said...

That Loving Hut is so good. They have a great menu and the people there are really nice.

Yeah, no one comes to Long Island except Whole Paycheck, ha! It's funny because we have one of the most busy Trader Joe's locations in the country but I guess other stores don't see how much business they can get. It stinks because Wawa and Wegmans are the best!