Friday, February 15, 2019

Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! I hope that all is well and that you all had a great week. I'm still deep in the feels so my week has been weird but it's almost over. I am definitely looking forward to some self care time this weekend along with some productivity. Since I've been in the feels my meals continue to be super weird but you'll see there are more fruits and veggies in there so that's a bonus. I've been craving summer fruit big time, and I've had a HUGE craving for mangos. I especially crave mango for breakfast so maybe I'll make that happen soon.

Anyway, here are a few meals I've eaten.


This meals was super simple but also really delicious. I had some of my roasted potatoes with roasted asparagus and a pear. I love the fruit with roasted veggies, it's really refreshing. I had the same thing again the following night but with roasted broccoli instead of the pear. I forgot to take a pic though.


Here is my comfort meal that I enjoyed. A pumpernickel onion bagel with tofutti. I love that bagel stores offer tofutti now, it is so nice to be able to go and get breakfast from the bagel store without having to bring my own spread.


Another easy dinner of roasted potatoes and one of the Aldi's Mushroom Risotto burgers. I still have 4 of those left.


For breakfast yesterday I just had a GIANT honey crisp apple from Trader Joe's. It was delicious and seriously freaking huge.

So, that's some of the stuff I've been eating this week. I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll see you back here on Tuesday!

12 comments:

Bianca said...

That is a MASSIVE apple! And at first, I thought you were eating sliced potatoes with roasted potatoes. HA!! But then I read and realized those are pears. Silly me! Hope you're feeling better soon!!!!

Hillary said...

Yum, that bagel looks so AMAZING!
Oh man, I'm really craving roasted broccoli now!! The potatoes look amazing!!!!
I hope you feel better soon. I've been in the feels too, today was really rough. I hope you have a great weekend!!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Asparagus is going on sale soon (so the market circular says) and I'm super excited! I love asparagus.

I know what you mean. I'm full of feelings right now. But I think it may be getting a little better, and I'm looking forward to self care of the more challenging kind this weekend, too (which ties with productivity--i.e., making sure I have clean clothes to wear and food to eat and such). Let's do this thing!

Unknown said...

I hope this weekend gives you the recharge you need to get over this bump in the road.
I was just at TJs yesterday and your previous post had those honeycrisps stuck in my head so i picked up a few- they are SO GOOD! Not as massive as your last photo but big ones.
Nice bagel!! The shops here have always had tofutti, i guess your local bagel shop that’s a recent thing? Although i do love a bagel hummus veggie sandwich (omfg they always ask so many questions after i say i want hummus, sliced pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, a little red onion-killer combo btw). Pumpernickel onion sounds amazing-never seen that. There’s an elusive pumpernickel everything but seriously nothing better than a fresh bagel with cream cheese.
And now i want asparagus.
Ttrockwood

J said...

Yum, roasted asparagus and potatoes sounds perfect! And wow, that apple is huge, lol! I hope you have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

Omg right?! It was so good too. Hahaha omg potatoes with a side of potatoes would be the best ever. Thank you!! <3

Sarah said...

The bagel was freaking delicious. It's such a great treat and I love that they have pumpernickel onion. I'm sorry that you are in the feels too, I hope that you feel better soon <3

Sarah said...

Yay! Asparagus is delicious and so quick to make.

I can't imagine all of the feelings you are having but you are so strong. I hope that your self care weekend is a perfect combination of productivity and self care for the soul. We've got this! <3

Sarah said...

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it <3 Hooray for honey crisps! I can't believe how huge that one was but I guess I figured if I'm paying per apple instead of per pound I may as well get the ginormous ones, ha!

We have a few bagel shops here that have had tofutti for a long time but it's definitely not a standard. I know which ones carry it and those are the ones I go to but if I were on the road I wouldn't be able to just stop in and grab one. The hummus veggie bagel sandwich sounds amazing which means I think I need to make a batch of Isa's hummus for bagels this weekend. I know this combination sounds weird but my favorite combo is that hummus with sun dried tomato and basil on top. It's amazing and you'll likely see it on here sometime next week, ha!

Asparagus for the win!

Sarah said...

That dinner was so delicious and so quick and easy to put together. Haha yes, it was massive, perfect for breakfast!

Thanks, you too!

Susan said...

That apple is gigantic!
It is summer here, which means mango season. Though now that you mention it, I haven't had one for a while. Definitely should take the chance while I can get them.
I hope the weekend gives you a good chance for some self care. <3

Sarah said...

RIght?! It was soooooo good too.

Ooooh please have some mango for me! I've still craving them!

Thank you <3