Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Trader Joe's Haul & Random Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! I hope that all is well! Things are moving along here… the first week back after vacation was tough and I've been in a bad mental health place again (which you'll see y my weird/lazy meals). I'm trying to snap myself out of it but anyone who struggles knows how hard it is. Anyway, I did manage to make it to Trader Joe's this past weekend to get some more veggies back in my life because you'll see after what I ate this week it was definitely necessary.


First up I have some freezer staples from Trader Joe's. I got some Veggie Spring Rolls because they are glorious, the mushroom medley and Green Vegetable foursome to throw together a quick and yummy dinner and of course some Jasmine rice.


I also got fresh broccoli and asparagus, some of the new VEGAN Chocolate Brownie and Vanilla Creme sandwich cookies (so good!), mango kombucha, bananas, chocolate, honeycrisp apples and some potatoes.


This is a random snacks meal of an apple and some Triscuits because why not.


I found this randomly at Stop and Shop and decided to try it!


The inside looks nothing like the picture. It is a congealed gray blob in the middle but I have to say it tasted pretty good and the crust was DELICIOUS. I won't be buying it a whole lot but it wasn't awful.


I had a small pocketless pita pizza one night because I needed some comfort food.


This was a random meal of toast with tofutti and an apple.


I roasted up all of my potatoes to have as a quick side for meals this week! They always taste best fresh out of the over but take too long for me to bother and they have been reheating well!

So that's what I have for you today! I can't wait to show you some more colorful meals because I'm sure that will help me not feel like garbage. I hope you all have a great week and I'll see you on Friday!

12 comments:

Hillary said...

I so understand. I've been working on snapping myself out of my funk too with not so hot results.
I think your meals still look tasty!
I've seen those pot pies at Sprouts and wondered how they are. They're pretty pricey plus gluten. I'm glad I'm not missing much!
I hope you feel better soon!

Jennifer said...

WOW! What a HAUL! Nice! It's so weird...around here it's hard to find plain, frozen, mushrooms! So when I saw the ones you posted I knew I had to comment on them!!!

Susan said...

I definitely know the struggles. <3 But your food still looks pretty good for it. Pizza is always a welcome comfort. And I'm glad the pocket pie thing was tasty even if it did look weird inside!

Unknown said...

Trader Joe’s has the best honeycrisp apples! I ate so many of them in the fall i kinda burned out but now that sounds good again....
I hope your funk lifts quickly, I’m sure this grey freezing crap weather isn’t helping any. That pita pizza sounds great to me! I swear any kind of Hot Carbs = my comfort food.
What do you make with those frozen mushrooms? Are they anything like canned mushrooms? (Which i hate a lot very badly) i’ve always given those the side eye but ultimately end up buying the fresh ones.
Ttrockwood

Sarah said...

It's pretty tough. My moods have been cycling really rapidly so it's been hard to stay on top of. Mental Illness sucks.

Thanks! The pot pies are weird. It tasted fine but the filling was such a strange consistency and such a disappointment compared to the box.

Thanks, you too! <3

Sarah said...

Thanks! The mushrooms do have some seasoning so they aren't just plain but they sounded good so I thought I'd give them a try!

Sarah said...

It's tough but we'll get through it <3 Pizza is definitely the quintessential comfort food. OMG it was so weird inside! The crust was delicious though, really nice and flaky.

Sarah said...

They really do have delicious honey crisp apples! And they are HUGE!! I brought a giant one in today and I'm excited for it, ha!

Thanks, me too <3 The weather has been so gross, I didn't appreciate whatever that weather was the other day. Carbs are definitely the best for comfort!

I've never tried those frozen mushrooms so I'm still trying to figure out what I'll do. I was thinking a stir fry. I prefer fresh produce but I didn't know what my appetite would be like so I decided to get some frozen so I didn't have to worry about it. I'll let you know how they are when I try them!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I like all mushrooms (including canned; alas, as a child I only liked the canned ones and my mother always gave me the side eye about that) but I've never tried the frozen ones. If I were in a mood where I needed comfort food I suspect I'd make them into gravy.

I'm pretty intrigued by the cookies. But that may also reflect my current food priorities...

Sorry you've been struggling! I always find February a hard month. It's every bit as dark as early December but a lot less festive. (Valentine's Day just isn't very festive.) Take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

Sarah said...

Oooh mushroom gravy sounds so good! I never ever make gravy but now I'm craving stuffing with mushroom gravy so maybe I'll have to make that happen.

The cookies are very delicious but I suspect a seasonal valentine's day treat perhaps. The chocolate taste was great, I just wish there was a tad more filling which is strange because I'm not normally big on a lot of frosting.

Thank you! Valentine's Day isn't festive at all for me but that wasn't the cause of the blahs. Sadly it's just par for the course for me but the struggle has been real. Thank you so much and I hope that you find some relief as well!

J said...

I'm sorry you had a rough first week back from vacation, and I hope you start feeling better soon! I haven't made pita pizza in so long; yours looks great! I have a bunch of potatoes I need to use up; I should follow your example and roast them up for sides!

Sarah said...

Thank you! The pita pizza was delicious and just the comfort meal I was looking for. Roasting a bunch of potatoes in the beginning of the week has been a go to for me for a few weeks now and it makes life so much easier!