Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Busy Weekend

Hey you guys! I hope that all is well, that you enjoyed whatever holiday you celebrated (if you celebrate anything) and that you had a great weekend in general. I only have two pictures to share (that aren't particularly exciting at all - I know, way to sell it 😂) but it was just such a busy weekend between Passover, Easter and my mom's birthday. We had a great weekend and I was happy to have my Monday off so I could rest and relax a little bit.

I decided to try and grab my produce from H-Mart this week and I think I went at an off time because it wasn't that great. I didn't pick up a lot because it just didn't look good but I will be able to use it along with what I have to make a few meals. I'll actually be house sitting for my brother later this week so I didn't want to over buy anyway and I'll get some more groceries when I go to carry me through.


My sad little grocery haul. I wanted to make some salads so I got baby butter lettuce because it was the only lettuce that didn't look horrible. I got a few granny smith apples to add to my salad, one zucchini, two potatoes (I'm going to give cutting those another try - fingers crossed) and some enoki mushrooms. On the plus side it cost about $8.


This is some asparagus and roasted potatoes. It's pretty indicative of what I've been eating lately. Passover is a difficult holiday for a vegan that just can't be bothered to cook at the moment. I usually hate Matzah but I've actually be enjoying it with some Earth Balance. I found a recipe for matzah granola that looks kind of awesome and I want to try it. I'll see if I have time.

Anyway, sorry it's so short! I'll try to photograph a lot more for my post on Friday! I'll be at my brother's house by then with the little fur babies so I'm really excited about having all of my little snuggle buddies! There is no better relief for chronic pain, anxiety and depression than the best little snuggle buddies ever and I can't wait!

6 comments:

Hillary said...

The last time I went to the Asian market the produce wasn't the greatest either.
I am obsessed with enoki mushrooms and no one but the Asian market carries them!!!
Roasted potatoes for the WIN!!!

Unknown said...

That is a lot to pack into one weekend! Although I don’t observe passover i can totally get on board with matzoh as a sub for avocado toast. Fur baby house sitting is certainly something to look forward to!
Ttrockwood

Jennifer said...

Sometimes I think places don't get new produce certain days of the week and they start to get sad (maybe) I am excited because Wegman's started to carry enoki mushrooms! Which is perfect for a mushroom hot pot. It takes the quickest to cook so it is great for the summer.

Sarah said...

Hillary: It was definitely disappointing but the enoki mushrooms are always a fun purchase. They were like $.50 also so that made it even better ;)

Ttrockwood: It was definitely a busy week. This week has been very busy as well and I'm definitely exhausted. Oooh avocado on matzoh would be so good. I've been enjoying my snuggles!

Jennifer: Yeah I think I definitely went at a bad time because the selection was quite sad. Hooray for Wegman's in general and double hooray for the enoki mushrooms being carried there! They really are great in soups.

J said...

Your roasted asparagus and potatoes look great, and I hope you are getting lots of wonderful snuggles!

Susan said...

The asparagus and potatoes look pretty darn tasty! Sounds like you had a very busy weekend. I had the four days off, but it took until the third day for my brain and body to realise that they could actually relax a little.
Looking forward to seeing the snugglebugs, snuggling a sweet little animal certainly is excellent for mental health. Dim Sim is my lifeboat!