Friday, April 5, 2019

What I Eat In A Day When I'm Lazy AF

Hey everyone! I hope all is well. Happy Friday! Another week has come and gone. I've gotten increasingly more exhausted and have had a headache pretty much all week so I'm sure you can imagine I'm over it and ready for the weekend. I almost didn't have anything to post today because I just couldn't really be bothered with meals and taking pictures but I forced myself to photograph my meals yesterday. I thought I'd share a day's worth of meals when I'm lazy and don't feel like making an effort with my meals.


For breakfast I just had a bowl of the Nutty Toffee Crunch cereal from Trader Joe's with some almond milk. This cereal is so good and was a perfect low maintenance meal.


For lunch I had my favorite soup that I made the night before. This soup comes together quickly with minimal effort and is another really great comfort meal when you just can't be bothered to actually make something.


Dinner came together really quickly too. I cooked up an Aldi chickenless patty with some chips and a small pink lady apple. You guys. These chick'n patties are SO FREAKING GOOD. They were such a great purchase and I'm really glad I got two boxes because I know that they will be perfect for a quick meal either on their own, in a sandwich or wrap or in a salad.

So that's what I have for you today. Sorry it's so blah and low energy but we all have those days I suppose. I'm looking forward to a mellow, relaxing weekend. I think I'll head over to Trader Joe's on Sunday and I'd also like to get a bubble tea at some point. Otherwise I plan on relaxing and trying to get rid of this weeklong migraine I've had. There will also be a lot of Netflix and Youtube in my future 😉 

So I have a random question as well. I am going to pick up a protein powder so I can make quick protein drinks for when I just don't feel like eating anything. A lot of vegan protein companies feel the need to add every single fruit and vegetable to their powders which is nice in theory but when you are allergic to orange you can't use them. I've been thinking about trying 22 Days protein powder because it only has like 5 ingredients. One of the ingredients is flax so I'm guessing there may be some omegas in there too? Anyway, has anyone tried this powder, and if so, is it good? If you liked it, should I go for the chocolate or vanilla flavor?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Let me know if you have anything fun going on so I can life vicariously through you! 💜

8 comments:

J said...

I still need to try your soup sometime; it always looks so good when you share it! I hope you have a restful weekend and that your head feels better soon! <3

Unknown said...

Everyone has those days! I have to pick up that cereal. What a great surprise with those Aldi patties! Glad you thought to pick up a few.
Protein powders are hard- i kinda gave up on them all together and will use peanut flour (which i think you can’t have for some reason...?) or hemp seeds and soy milk (or Ripple) between the two it’s nearly 20g protein and the hemp seeds make a smoothie nice and creamy (great source of omegas too)
Do you like stevia? I noticed the 22days has stevia which is a total dealbreaker for me but certainly lots of people are fine with it.
Ttrockwood

Hillary said...

I've never tried that brand, but in terms of flavor I prefer vanilla which is weird because I'm definitely a chocolate girl but I think vanilla hides the protein flavor a little better.
I hope you have a wonderful relaxing weekend and I hope you get a bubble tea too!

Sarah said...

Julie: Definitely try the soup, it is awesome. Thank you!

Ttrockwood: The cereal is so good, I think you'll love it. The patties are great too and a really good thing to have on hand when you don't feel like cooking. Protein powder is really hard, I actually can use powdered peanut butter so that is a good idea to combine with a higher protein plant milk. Maybe I'll just start by making quick smoothies and using a higher protein plant milk, flaxseed and chia seeds and peanut powder. I actually don't mind stevia but I think that trying out some smoothies with stuff I have on hand may be a better option to start. Thanks for the awesome suggestion!

Hillary: I think vanilla is more versatile too, you can add it to more stuff without it being weird. I do tend to lean more toward chocolate too. I'm not sure if I'll jump in just yet but if I decide to I'll keep everyone updated with what I choose. Thanks, I am definitely hoping for some bubble tea in my life!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I usually put nut butter in my smoothies. I'm not a protein powder person. But I agree on the higher protein plant milk--it's one reason I made myself get used to soy milk, even though I liked almond milk more at first. Soy milk has a really good amount of protein in it, the same as dairy. *Looks around furtively* I also often throw in some soy ice cream.

That cereal looks amazing! I gave up Honey Bunches of Oats when I went vegan and that looks remarkably like it.

Jennifer said...

Check if your grocery store carries the trial/on the go packets. That way you can try it and you only drop $2-5 bucks. Yeah they are more expensive, but it saves a ton in the long run if you hate it.

I might recommend Sunwarrior. Their list is pretty short, and I like the flavor. But I do always blend it with a milk, ice, and a banana.

Nuzest is hands down the best tasting protein powder out there. I was seriously blown away by it BUUUUUUT it is SUPER expensive. It has a short list as well, so google it and you can see. They USE to give out free samples but I guess the company is now big enough they aren't looking desperately for new customers.

Susan said...

It is good you had some soup on hand, a favourite meal is very soothing when you are feeling crappy. I am sorry about your headache, and I hope it has eased off a bit. <3

My weekend was OK. I saw Book of Mormon on Sunday, which was interesting. Fun, but not the best musical ever like so many people said. But a fun way to pass an afternoon.

Sarah said...

The Student-Turned-Doctor: Yeah that sounds like a good plan.I think I just need something easy and dense for those days that I just don't feel like cooking. Yes! It definitely is reminiscent of Honey Bunches of Oats! Give it a try, it's great! It's at Trader Joe's!

Jennifer: I'll have to see if I can find the smaller packets. I used to get those when I used Vegan and they were good because I'd never use a whole jug of it. I've heard good things about SunWarrior too, maybe I'll see if I can find some sample packets of it. It's always worth a shot to try and get samples so maybe I'll see if I can contact Nuzest! Thanks for the tips!

Susan: The soup is so easy to make, it's a perfect quick and comforting meal. Thank you, it definitely has started to get better so I'm happy about that. That definitely sounds like a really fun afternoon! I've never seen it but I've heard it's genius. I think that having that expectation can definitely lead to being disappointment though. Glad you enjoyed it though!