Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Vegan Market Haul & Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! I hope that you are well. I am hanging in, migraine and all. I did a whole lot of nothing this weekend and I enjoyed every second of it. The only thing I did do was take a quick trip over the the Sweet To Lick Market and Bakery (the only fully vegan market on Long Island and the bakery that opened first) to grab a few fun things. I didn't do a proper grocery shopping this week but I splurged on some items from the market as I will be going into super budget mode now. There have been some changes happening behind the scenes which unfortunately means I really have to be careful with my budget so in the future you'll be seeing more budget friendly eats.

Before that though we do have an AMAZING haul from the market and a few fun meals from the weekend.


So I grabbed some fun stuff! I got the vanilla cocomels (OMG SO GOOD!), Wayfare Chocolate Pudding, Follow Your Heart American slices (grilled cheese you guys!!!), some of my favorite Thai Peanut Primal Strips, a few vegan chocolate eggs (because chocolate), a mint carob cup that was on sale, individual sized bags of Vegan Rob's Cheddar Puffs and Wild Mushroom Kettle Chips and some Field Roast Mini Corn Dogs. It was kind of dumb timing for some of it because Passover is coming up but oh well.


I ran next door (because why wouldn't I, it was right there!) and got this AMAZING Rocky Road bar. This is one of my favorite things that they make and someone suggested to try warming it up and OMG. It was INCREDIBLE.


I got these from a different store but I was craving kale chips and Justin's cups so there you go.


This was a random but delicious dinner that I had of mini corn dogs, hash brown patties and the most delicious, crispy grapes ever. So so good.


I had a small hummus snacky plate with dolmas, grape tomatoes and flatbread.


You guys. This grilled cheese THOOOOOOOOUGH. I made it on multigrain panini bread with the Follow Your Heart Slices and it was amazing. I had some kale chips and a small pink lady apple on the side. Such a delicious meal.

So that's what I have for you guys today! I'm looking forward to finding some budget hacks over the next few weeks and sharing them with you. Passover also starts on Friday night so I'll be doing my best to figure that out, ha! I should probably take some time to round up some recipes this week.

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend and that your week is going well! 💜 I'll see you on Friday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, dealing with grown up responsibilities like budgets and bills and such is seriously the worst.
However, i’ve also found that when really scrutinizing things to cut there’s always a way to make it happen and trust that money comes and goes in a cycle- and it’s certainly not an indicator of a happy or fulfilled satisfying life.

Anyways.
Such great goodies you did pick up! I’m not entirely sure what that bakery thing is but i am sure i want one. I scored clearance chocolate hazelnut vegan pudding cups this week ($1!) and there’s something very comforting about it. Such tasty meals! That grilled cheese- wow.
I hope your migraine is fading quickly, I can’t imagine functioning with one.
Ttrockwood

Jennifer said...

Budget shopping can suck, but it can be fun inventing or figuring out meals. Although some of my budget friendly meals tend to make a lot (you could always freeze the extra)

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Sorry about the super tight budget. As someone said (whom I have forgotten), it's better to get creative with what you have than to sit around moping about what you don't. In some ways, my extreme budget behaviors--like when I stopped buying bread most of the time in favor of baking my own--resulted in better food! And the more extreme things have freed up money sometimes, for more interesting possibilities.

I will always love corn dogs.

Sorry about the migraine. I hope Passover is a meaningful week for you, and you can take some comfort in it.

Susan said...

That haul looks super fun and full of awesome stuff. A worthwhile endeavour to leave the house for. Plus Justin's PB Cups are life! That might just be me, but they are seriously one of my favourite things in the world. I hope the migraine is easing off. <3

Sarah said...

Ttrockwood: It really is the worst. I've been on a tight budget for a while but a few financial hits over the past few months are taking a toll. It's ok though, I know that I'll be able to make it work and I'm not worried at all about things that I won't be able to have. I just want to make sure that I stay on track and within the budget that I create. It'll also force me to be more creative which is always a good thing. OMG I don't even know how to explain the Rocky Road Bar except it is awesome! There is a chocolate crust with some sort of chocolate ganache type of thing with almonds in it and topped with two large marshmallows and some sliced almonds. It's so awesome heated up! Hooray for the pudding! It's such a fun snack for sure! Thanks, the migraine is still here but I'm just trying to push through it.

Jennifer: I agree, it'll force me to be more creative with both my shopping and cooking and I'm ok with that. I'm looking forward to seeing what I come up with!

The Student-Turned-Doctor: It's all good, things happen and there have been a few financial hits I'm dealing with but I know I'll be able to make it work. I definitely don't plan on moping about it, it'll be a great challenge to create some fun and budget friendly meals. That is definitely such a great tip about the bread! I'm going to see what swaps I can make as well :) The corn dogs are so so good, I'm glad I got them. And thank you!

Susan: It is definitely fun haul and I'm glad that I decided to go and treat myself. I know, the Justin PB cups may be my favorite vegan candy and peanut butter things are not my favorite at all! Thank you! <3

J said...

So many fun treats, and that Rocky Road bar, wow! All your meals look so good, especially the grilled cheese!