Friday, April 12, 2019

Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! I hope that you are well! It's finally almost time for the weekend and I couldn't be happier. I'm super tired this week so I'm feeling a lazy weekend in my future. I don't really have any plans so I'm not sure what exactly I'll do (I don't even know where I'm going to go grocery shopping this week) but I'm going to try and do something interesting. No promises though 😉 I think it's supposed to be a rainy weekend too so my big adventure will probably turn into a Netflix Binge 😂

For today's post I just tried to take as many photos as I could to share with you. This week has been so lazy in terms of meals and I'm ok with it. I try to think ahead to make things easy for myself and it worked out pretty well this week.


I had a lot of cereal this week… I typically have it for breakfast but once in a while I'll have it for dinner if I didn't already have it for breakfast and was too tired to think about making dinner. I'm not mad at cereal for dinner though, it's pretty awesome. 


I grabbed some fresh veggie sushi rolls from the store on Wednesday and I paired it with my Trader Joe's Mango Kombucha. This was also a delicious meal.


Most of my meals was some combination of the veggies I prepped over the weekend. This one had the potatoes, brussels sprouts and asparagus. I didn't photograph all of these meals but wanted to include one to show you. 


I decided to get myself to a pumpernickel bagel with tofutti and it was delicious, as always. 

Since it has been warming up a bit I've been enjoying some iced coffee in the morning! I always brew a cup the night before and let it cool then put it in the fridge to enjoy in the morning. I didn't photograph it but iced coffee season is really exciting so I figured I'd share that with you 😂

That's all I have for you today! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you on Tuesday 💜

7 comments:

J said...

Looks like some pretty good meals; I especially love the bowl of roasted veggies with ketchup! Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend!

Anonymous said...

I may or may not be typing this while debating what to watch (next!) on Netflix and with an empty popcorn bowl in front of me. We’re on the same page ;))
The roasted veg plate looks great! As does that gorgeous sushi, i would be there every week for sure. That bagel!! Pumpernickel is one of my favorites.
The misfit produce you can’t choose, it’s just whatever is available- it was a ton of produce! And crazy it was all organic, would have cost twice as much to buy at the store.
I’m such the opposite for iced coffee- i won’t drink it until it’s hot a sticky and miserable- and then i prefer iced espresso with a splash of milk since decent iced coffee isn’t easy to find
Ttrockwood

Hillary said...

That sushi looks so good!! I still need to try the Trader Joe's mango kombucha. I just haven't had the mental strength to go to Trader Joe's for the past couple of weeks.
I hope whatever you choose to do this weekend is perfect for you!
Do you have Hulu? There is a show called Shrill which was SOOOOOO GOOD! I just reserved a copy of the book at the library!

Sarah said...

Julie: Thanks, the veggies were delicious! Same to you!

Ttrockwood: Haha yes!!! Netflix and snacks for the win! The sushi was really good and I loved having it with the kombucha. The bagel was awesome. I always debate getting a different kind of bagel but why would I when pumpernickel exists?! Oooh interesting about the misfit produce. I really wish you would just start a blog already, I want to see everything you talk about! That sounds like an awesome deal! Oh I will drink iced coffee as soon as it hits 60, ha!

Hillary: The mango kombucha is good. It's not the best kombucha I've ever had but I like it enough to keep buying it. I don't think I have the strength to go this week either so I'm with you. I don't have Hulu, just Netflix. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to binge :)

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Cereal for dinner is a win! I'm glad your make ahead meals worked out. I bought some sushi this week, too (because I forgot and left my lunch at home one day, alas), but I acted in error and ordered something new and terrible--natto maki--my body rejected it instantly and would't allow me to swallow. But fortunately I had also bought myself an avocado roll and I lived. Your sushi looks so beautiful by comparison!

I'm off to devour some leftover boiled cabbage and fried potatoes and onions. Solidarity!

Susan said...

I hope you had a nice, relaxing weekend. Netflix marathons are a totally valid and excellent way to spend time if you ended up doing that.
I actually prefer cereal as an afternoon snack, rather than breakfast. I don't know why. But now I want to have some cereal when I get home from work this afternoon.

Sarah said...

The Student-Turned-Doctor: Yes, cereal for dinner is the best! Oh no!! I've heard natto is definitely an acquired taste. From what I understand the consistency is really interesting as well. The sushi was really fresh and delicious, I'm glad that you had the avocado roll to fall back on! Hooray for pierogi!

Susan: Thank you! I did enjoy my weekend, it went too quickly, as always. I never thought to have cereal as an afternoon snack but that sounds great! I'll have to give that a try!