Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Birthday Dinner at Little Fu's in Hewlett, NY

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well. Thank you all so much for your sweet and supportive comments on my last post. My family member is home and doing ok. It was pretty serious and she is still recovering but she should be ok. It was a very stressful time but things are finally getting back to normal. Sunday was actually my birthday as well and I had such a great weekend with friends and family. I went to visit Doug's grave on Sunday because he had specifically said to me that he was looking forward to celebrating my birthday with me so I made sure to include him in my plans and honor that for him. It was incredibly emotional but I'm really glad that I did it.

On Saturday night I met up with some of my friends for an epic birthday dinner at Little Fu's in Hewlett, NY. It has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants and I was really excited to go back and try more dishes. My friends that I went with are all vegan and were up for ordering a bunch of stuff and sharing so that is what we did! I got to try tons of dishes and they were all so damn good. I took pictures of everything to share with you.


Up first we had some steamed veggie dumplings. The order comes with 8 but we had each taken one before I remembered to take a picture, ha. These were really good but they were typical dumplings.

We decided to get one chick'n dish, one "beef" dish, one tofu dish and some noodles.


This is the chick'n with cashews. It came with some delicious veggies and cashews and it was so so good. Definitely a great dish and something I would order again.


The "beef" dish we ordered was the Pepper Steak which came with green bell peppers and onion. As you know, I'm not a fan of bell peppers but I did try the "beef" and the onion and it was excellent. I wouldn't order this again just because a lot of it would go to waste since I don't eat peppers but it was definitely delicious. 


The tofu with mixed veggies was DELICIOUS. It didn't sound particularly exciting because you can get tofu with veggies at most places but this was so good! The veggies and tofu were perfectly cooked and it had a really great combination of veggies. I really enjoyed it and it is definitely something I would order again.


I know it sounds weird but even though I don't really eat a lot of pasta (think Italian food) I do LOVE noodles. When we decided on lo mein I was super excited because lo mein has always been a favorite of mine and this did not disappoint. It was delicious and also something I would order again!


This is my plate piled with tons of deliciousness. I was stuffed but it was amazing and I enjoyed every bite of it. Even better than the delicious food was the amazing company. I feel so blessed to have made so many wonderful friends through Doug but this group of ladies and I have a special bond and I really love how close we've grown. They made me feel really special for my birthday and I was so happy to be able to celebrate with them and I look forward to more fun times with them!

So that was my birthday dinner with friends Saturday night. I'll be back on Friday to share what I ate when I went out with my family on Sunday, my actual birthday, along with some stuff I've eaten throughout the week. I also have some more art to share with you so I'll make sure to share that on Friday as well.

I hope you all have a good week and I'll be back at some point this week to check in on your posts as well. I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up but life has been crazy. Anyway, have a great week and I'll see you here on Friday 💚

8 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! Everything looks so yummy!

Hillary said...

Happy belated Birthday!!!!
That food looks AMAZING!!

Jennifer said...

Thinking of you!
Happy Belated Birthday!
So glad you have veggie friends nearby to try stuff with!

Susan said...

Happy birthday! What a wonderful meal. You are very sensible in not eating capsicum, they are gross. I would leave them behind as well. But everything else looks great. Especially the tofu. In my heart of hearts, I choose tofu above all else.
I am glad your family member is doing better.

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

To me it looks like the pieces of onion and pepper are just too large and not cooked enough for me to be keen on them, but the other dishes look so great! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

It sounds like you've had a really emotional week. Take care of yourself.

Sarah said...

Thank you everyone!! <3

J said...

Happy belated birthday! Your dinner with friends looks like it was amazing; that was a great idea for everyone to order different things and share! The tofu with veggies looks so good and lo mein is the best!