Friday, September 27, 2019

Family Birthday Dinner, Stuff I Ate and Some Art

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well. We made it through another week. I'm so exhausted, I'm looking forward to just relaxing a bit this weekend. I'll finally be able to catch up on your posts. I'm so sorry that I've been absent, it's just been so much happening at the same time. On the plus side, I have a lot to share with you, including some new art that I've made.


I chose a Turkish restaurant for our family dinner for my birthday and got these amazing veggie kebabs with some green salad. It was so delicious, I love this meal so much.


For my birthday treats I got a Rocky Road bar and an Cookies n Cream whoopee cookie. I have been enjoying those for the past few days!


I don't know why I forgot about avocado toast but I did. I had some this week on sourdough bread with some strawberries and it was a quick and delicious breakfast!


There was a lot of quick snacky stuff going on because I've just been feeling off. I enjoyed these veggie chips so much!


We are getting into apple season and I loved my first honeycrisps of the season! I had a root canal done on a tooth a few weeks ago so I'm going to hold off on biting into an apple until I get the post and permanent filling so I cut this beauty up and brought it to work with me.


This is how I love my baked oatmeal! I will either heat it up and eat almost like a dessert or I'll add some almond milk and heat it and turn it back into regular oatmeal. Either way it's so damn good.


And now onto some art! I have been playing with inks and stamps lately and I am LOVING the aesthetic. This is very much me and my style and I'm going to be working on a lot of pieces like this to start selling!

I made a few pieces as little gifts as well. They were personalized for each recipient.





This piece is my favorite piece I've ever created. I love the message, the imagery, the colors and composition. I'm so proud of this piece and I think it really captures who I am as a human being.


This is just a close up of the sentiment and the fucking amazing moth. I love it so much,

So that's what I have for you today. I'll make sure to catch up on your blogs this weekend and I'll be back with a new post on Tuesday. Have a great weekend my friends 💚

4 comments:

Susan said...

Your art is beautiful, that is super exciting that you are going to be selling it!

J said...

Your birthday dinner looks so good! And yay for avocado toast! I am so happy to see more of your amazing art; all of them are beautiful, but the last one is definitely my favorite, too!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

A root canal on top of everything else!? You get credit just for being conscious! The avocado toast with strawberries looks absolutely beautiful. Sometimes the simple things really hit the spot.

Sarah said...

Susan: Thank you so much! I'm super excited too!

Julie: Thank you! I've been really enjoying creating these pieces. And I'm glad I've re-discovered avocado toast, ha!

The Student-Turned-Doctor: Yeah, my second root canal since he passed (this tooth just broke right down into the nerve). The simplest meals are definitely best! That avocado toast was perfect!