Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Trader Joe's Haul

Hey friends! I hope you are all well! Thank you all so much for all of your kind words and nice feedback about my MoFo posts. I'm really glad I accepted that challenge and really did have a great time posting all month. Today is my first day of work and I'm really excited about this new chapter in my life. It is still surreal knowing that I am not going back to the same place I had gone every workday for 11 years but the new beginning is very exciting. I'm looking forward to sharing how it went with you!

For today's post I have something I haven't done in a little while! I haven't been to Trader Joe's in a while and after receiving a gift card I figured it was time to pay a visit. I got some fun stuff and thought I'd do a Trader Joe's haul post, just like the good ol' days 😉


From the freezer section I got some Tater Tots, Veggie Spring Rolls, Cauliflower Tempura, Corn and some Shredded Hash Browns (I have something in mind, ha!).


For produce I got some butter lettuce, the Sesame Crunch Chopped Salad Kit, some peaches and a head of cauliflower.


Then I got the fun stuff 😉A loaf of Sourdough bread, Inner Peas, Dolmas, Chocolate Hummus (!), Mediterranean hummus, some marshmallows because they are seasonal and will likely disappear soon and then some Sunbutter Cups (these can be hard to find too so I loaded up). 

So that was my fun haul! I have a little bit of produce left to fill in as well as some things in the freezer. I will likely share some stuff I've been eating on Friday as I get my bearings this week and then hopefully I'll be able to share some more fun stuff next week 💚

9 comments:

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Apparently the Trader Joe's marshmallows are just repackaged Dandies! I haven't had marshmallows in a while but knowing that reduces the sense of urgency for me.

J said...

I really want to make a trip to Trader Joe's sometime, especially once all the fun fall goodies are out! Your haul looks great, and it sounds like chocolate dessert hummus is really taking off, haha!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I’m so behind on commenting (not on reading I promise), hope your first work day was amazing and this job is everything you want it to be and more!!
I love the dolmas and tater tots.
Just tried the sun butter cups a couple of days ago and they are delish.
Thank you so much for the daily mofo posts — they made me so happy —Sad the daily posts are over (sorry im greedy) but as I don’t want you to be stressed out, especially with new job I’ll be grateful for any and all posts.
Wishing you the best of everything always.
🤞🤞🤞🤞

Bianca said...

Yay!! Good luck at the new job!! Fresh starts always feel so good. I had been at my previous job before Crosstown Arts for 14 years, and I remember that excitement of starting a totally new thing a couple years ago.

Great TJ's haul! I haven't been in awhile myself, but a friend picked up those dolmas for a picnic a few weeks back and they were amazing.

Susan said...

What a fun haul! I wish we could get those frozen shredded hash browns here, I have seen them used in really fun ways in my US cookbooks. Hsh browns here are like potato patties... like what you'd get in McDonalds.

I hope your first day at the new job went well. :)

Hillary said...

I hope your new job is going great!! Fresh starts are always the best!!!!

Kate said...

First, good luck on the new job! New beginnings can be so exciting.

Even though I am a Brit expat now living in Canada, I just LOVE Trader Joe's. We travel to Burlington Vermont (about 2 hours away) 3-4 times per year just so that I can shop there! I can't bring everything back, but I can at least get some of my favorites. :)

Sarah said...

The Student-turned-Doctor: That totally makes sense, they are delicious. The thing that I love about it is the price! It's half the price of a bag of Dandies so totally worth it to me :)

Julie: Definitely take a trip, it is so worth it! The salad was so delicious, I highly recommend it. I wasn't super impressed with their chocolate hummus though, I bet homemade is much better. I can't wait to get into all the fall goodies!

Anonymous: Aww you are so sweet <3 No worries at all, I appreciate you reading and commenting when you can! I don't typically like canned dolmas but theirs are really good and those sunbutter cups are really great! And the price is great too. Thank you so much for the MoFo love, I really appreciate you reading all of the posts and that you enjoyed them!

Bianca: Thank you! It has been very stressful to be honest but hopefully everything will get a little better and it will become more of a routine for me. Yes, you need to get back to Trader Joe's!! The dolmas are great, I try to have some on hand at all times ;)

Susan: Thanks! I wish you could get them too, they are so convenient and useful. They have those kinds of potato patties frozen at Trader Joe's too but I love these shredded ones. I have plans for these, ha! Thank you <3

Hillary: Thank you so much! It's been stressful but hopefully it'll all calm down soon.

Kate: Thank you! Trader Joe's is the best and I'm glad you are able to stock up a few times during the year!

Jennifer said...

totally forgot that marshmallows are seasonal! I should stock up for the xmas cookie making season!