Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Trader Joe's Haul and Some Meal Prep

Hey everyone. I hope you are well. Today's post is going to be quick. Things aren't great here. I have a family member in the hospital with a serious condition since Saturday so I've been pretty preoccupied and busy. I have a Trader Joe's haul and some meal prep to share but that's about it. I'm sorry I won't have time to catch up on your posts, I just need to focus on this family member when I'm not at work. I'm incredibly stressed out so I'm just going to do the best I can.


For produce I got some bananas, pears, nectarines, a tomato, and avocado, strawberries, butter lettuce, shredded cabbage, the Sesame Crunch chopped salad kit, and broccoli slaw.


For random stuff I got some tots, the chick'n tenders, soy creamer and almond milk.


For randomness I got some sourdough bread, veggie chips, inner peas, sunbutter cups and an espresso chocolate baton. I can't wait to try that.


For meal prep I made The Healthy Maven's Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal. The only changes I made was swapping out the walnuts for sliced almonds because that is what I had and adding chocolate chips.


I can assure you it tastes as good as it looks.


Trader Joe's had these adorable succulent skulls for $10. I didn't get one but I really wish I had. Oh well.

So that's all I have for you today. I'm probably not going to have a post on Friday because I just don't have the space in my head for it right now. I'll be back as soon as I can and hopefully all will be well. It seems like she is improving but they need to keep her there.

Anyway, thanks for stopping in and I'll be back as soon as I can. 💚

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Everything looks amazing! Those plants and planters are RAD! I want one! I could really go for some TOTS right now, too!

Bianca said...

So sorry to hear about your family member in the hospital. I hope everything is okay. And I must say that baked oatmeal sounds amazing!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I'm sorry things aren't going well right now but I'm glad you're feeding yourself! I think I've heard of baked oatmeal before but I've never seen it. Now I have, and it looks great! I look forward to trying it in cooler weather.

Hillary said...

I'm sorry to hear about your family member! Thinking of you.
I agree, baked oatmeal sounds pretty amazing!

Anonymous said...

Please focus on you and your family. Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery for your family member. I’m so sorry to hear this!!♥️♥️♥️♥️

Susan said...

I'm sorry to hear about your family member. I hope they are on the mend soon, and that you are doing OK. <3 <3 <3

J said...

Wishing your family member a good recovery! Your baked oatmeal sounds like the perfect meal prep for such a stressful week!

Em said...

I'm thinking of you and your family member. Take care of yourself.