Friday, September 6, 2019

Stuff I Ate: My First Week At My New Job!

Hello my friends! I hope that you are all doing well! Today is the last day of my first week at my new job! It has been exhausting and stressful. There is a lot to learn and a lot to do all the time. It's great because time flies but it's been really difficult for me when I feel lost and need help. I came from a place where I've been there for 11 years and just knew what to do. Now it feels like I'm trying to keep my head above water. I'm glad today is Friday and that the weekend is coming up. I have been sleeping so much more this week (which is great because I typically don't sleep well) and I'm looking forward to resting over the weekend. I'll have to figure out some meal prep as well and I'm sure that'll find its way onto this blog 😉 I am still working on getting used to this schedule and daily routine (I went from a 10:00-6:00 schedule 7 minutes away to an 8:30-5:00 schedule 40 minutes away) and I will catch up on all of your blogs this weekend! I promise!

I wanted to keep things easy for myself this week so I decided to just photograph the meals I've been eating and wanted to share those with you today. I'm going to try to get something fun up for you next week but for today, let's check out some stuff I've been eating this week as I get settled into my new routine!


I have been eating a lot of Asian Chopped salad kits. This one was one that I got from a regular grocery store and I also had one from Trader Joe's. I love these. They are so quick and easy. I think that I'm going to try and make my own next week by just getting my own veggies and chopping and dressing them myself. I can get more bang for my buck and it is a great, easy meal to have on hand.


This beige delight is some of the Morningstar Farms Popcorn Chicken and some Tater Tots from Trader Joe's. Not healthy at all but so delicious and a comfort meal for sure.


I've been making sandwiches to bring to work with me on some days (other days I've brought salad). It is a very basic sandwich because I don't have much at home. It is made on sourdough bread with tofurky slices, butter lettuce and some hummus. Definitely basic but so delicious and easy to make ahead of time (the bread doesn't get soggy despite the lettuce and hummus!).


This is the Sesame Crunch Chopped Salad (or whatever it is called) from Trader Joe's. You guys. The toppings that you mix in make this salad the best. It has nori, sesame sticks and cashews. So freaking good. I made a few pieces of the cauliflower tempura from Trader Joe's to enjoy with the salad. This meal was perfect. I brought the rest of the salad for lunch the next day.


Finally, I've been snacking on Skinny Pop White Cheddar Popcorn since finding out it was vegan. It's so damn good. I've missed popcorn in general (I don't know why I stopped eating it!) and white cheddar flavor is definitely a treat when you are vegan! My current favorite snack for sure.

So that is what I have for you today. It has been a crazy week and I'm looking forward to relaxing and catching up on your blogs and my comments. I hope you've all had a wonderful week and I'll see you back here next week! 💚


5 comments:

J said...

Congratulations on your first week at your new job, and hopefully you'll have a nice, restful weekend! All your food looks so good, and the sesame crunch salad sounds lovely!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I hope your job turns out super well for you! Healthy is relative; I don't know that your tater tots and popcorn chick'n would be a healthy daily indulgence but it does have protein and potassium and such and also calories--which we all need, and sometimes that's the best we can do, and that's okay, too, sometimes.

Sesame sticks on salad sound so good! I'll have to try that sometime.

Susan said...

Beige food is good food! That looks like a perfect comfort plate. And all those salads look so bright and colourful as well! Great that they have so many fun ingredients.
Sounds like a big change in hours, location, and routine. I hope you get a nice weekend of rest. <3

Hillary said...

Congratulations on getting through the first week!! It is super stressful to go from totally knowing what you're doing to not knowing. And also the change in routine. That's always a super tough one for me. It looks like you're having some great food!! Beige and basic are two of my favorite meals!! The sandwich looks so tasty. Tofurky sandwiches are the best!!!
I need to try that sesame crunch salad. I have been looking at it and passing it up too much lately. I love the Asian salad kits. Every brand I've tried has been delicious!!!
I hope you have a super relaxing weekend!!

Sarah said...

Julie: Thank you! The weekend has been just what I needed... a bit restful and also productive. The salad was amazing, I highly recommend it!

The Student-turned-Doctor: Thank you! It's been stressful and the transition is more difficult than I anticipated but it'll be ok. I just need to be patient and kind to myself. I agree, sometimes you just need a little comfort in your life and that's exactly what that meal was. Isn't it a great idea?! They were delicious and I loved the nori too. Really great salad!

Susan: Haha, I agree, love the beige meal! The salads were delicious, I really enjoyed them. It has been a huge change and quite a shock to the system. I've been sleeping so much more lately which is a good thing I guess!

Hillary: Thanks! It was definitely stressful but I made it. The food has been good and it's forcing me to really be prepared and plan ahead which is great. I loved the tofurky sandwich and plan on having more this week, ha! Definitely try the salad, it's really delicious! They are my favorite salad kits too, they always taste the best and are almost always vegan! Thank you! <3