Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Some Randomness!

Hey everyone, I hope you are well and that you had a nice weekend! Mine was nice but unfortunately flew by way too quickly. I'm still struggling to adjust to my new schedule and new life but I know it'll click and fall into place. For now I'm doing the best that I can. Which is why I have the most random post for you today, ha! I have a little meal prep, some random food I ate and also a new vegan beauty product that I am going to try. I thought it would be fun to share it all with you.


Up first is a vegan beauty product that I'm excited to try. I've been looking to try a new skin care routine (or a skin care routine in general, let's be honest) and I figured starting with a good cleanser was a perfect place to start. I wear makeup more often now thanks to the new job and my skin is such a disaster. I have really sensitive skin that is so red most of the time and it gets even more irritated by makeup remover and just makeup in general. It sucks because I like to give my skin a break but it's so red that I don't particularly want to do that during the week. Anyway, I used to use a cleanser called Fresh Farmacy from Lush but hadn't purchased it in a while. I was going to head over and get it again because I really liked it but decided to make sure they still had it online before heading in and saw the rating was SUPER LOW. It seems like they changed the formula and people HATE it. So I saved some money by not buying it and I have heard that Pacifica makes some great cleansers. I am going to give this one a try and see how it goes! I'll make sure to update you after a few weeks of use.

And now some food:


I've been enjoying these plums lately. I think they are called dinosaur plums? Did I make that up because dinosaurs are awesome? Anyway, these plums are incredible, so sweet and juicy! I love them.


Of course I had a bagel this weekend. I used my own Tofutti at home so there isn't an obscene amount like when I go to the bagel store and have them do it. It was amazing, as always.


I brought this delicious sandwich for lunch yesterday. I made it on a roll this time and it has hummus, tofurky, thick slices of home grown tomato and tons of shredded lettuce. OMG so good. I had this with a plum and it was amazing.

Unfortunately that is all I have for you today. I will probably share more stuff I ate on Friday and then I hope to do something fun for next week! Hopefully I'll be able to get my life together by then 😂 I hope you all have a great week and I'll see you on Friday!

8 comments:

Bianca said...

That's the cleanser I use!! I love it. I love everything by Pacifica! And your bagel and sandwich look SO GOOD. Glad you're liking the new job and adjusting!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Your sandwich looks fantastic!

Starting a new job is always hard. It usually does get easier, though, and I hope it will for you, too.

Jennifer said...

Nice eats! And randomness is always welcomed and encouraged!

Hillary said...

I've loved every Pacifica product I've tried! I can't wait to hear what you think of this one!!
I hope each week gets a little easier at your new job!!
That sandwich is giving me serious food envy!!

Susan said...

Weekends do go by way too fast.
That plum looks very cool. I hope it is called a dinosaur plum because dinosaurs are indeed awesome!

Sarah said...

Bianca: I really like it so far! I'm going to check out more of their products, I need a moisturizer too so I'll see if they have something! Thank you <3

The Student-turned-Doctor: Thanks! It was delicious! It has been difficult but I'm finally starting to adjust. Hopefully it just gets easier to juggle everything as I get used to everything.

Jennifer: Thanks! Randomness is fun for sure.

Hillary: I really like the cleanser and want to try more of their products! Thank you <3 It's been getting better and I'm finally starting to feel a little human again.

Susan: They do! I'm so excited for another weekend though. I'm ready for it. I looked up the plum and it is technically and "pluot" or a cross between a plum and apricot. Dinosaur is a brand of these so I guess technically they are dinosaur plums but the fruit is called a pluot. I will continue to call them dinosaur plums because that is more fun ;)

J said...

Dinosaur plums sound so fun, and your sandwich on a roll looks like such a nice lunch!

Jennifer said...

Have you tried that face wash yet?