Friday, August 30, 2019

Vegan MoFo 2019: Vegan MoFo Wrap Up


Hi my friends! I hope that you are all doing well! I can't believe I made it through Vegan MoFo without missing a single intended post. And honestly, I'm really proud of the posts I did put out there. I did my best to remain creative and keep the content as fresh as possible. My biggest goals were to use this month to revitalize my blog, gain new inspiration and more creativity in the kitchen and to keep up with the schedule. I feel like I've achieved all of these goals and I couldn't be more thrilled. I'm exhausted but really proud of what I accomplished. I just want to thank all of you that stuck with me for the entire month and I truly hope that you enjoyed the content I put out and that you were inspired as well 💚

I figured I would go with the prompt from the MoFo site and just do a general conclusion/wrap up post. I thought it would be fun to share some of the things that I enjoyed most from my MoFo journey. 

First and foremost, I LOVED following all of your amazing blogs!! I loved following Susan's super creative ABC theme, Julie's "Elementary, My Dear Vegan" theme, Food For Dissertating's AMAZING vegan Bento ideas, Jennifer's CSA adventures and all of the other amazing, creative vegans out there! I have gotten so many amazing ideas from them and I can't wait to start trying them out in my own kitchen so thanks for the inspiration everyone!!

As for highlights from my own blog (is that obnoxious? Probably but oh well?) I would have to say that sharing some of the amazing vegan options Long Island has to offer has been really fun for me! I've only barely scratched the surface but it has been great getting out and exploring some of the places that I've been wanting to try!


The sesame chick'n has definitely been a highlight for me and I'm glad I got to share Little Fu's with you!


Finally getting to That Pizza Place was definitely a highlight! I'm so glad I went and tried all of this amazing food and that I was able to share the glory of garlic knot crust with you! 😂


The most special post to me was where I talked about Zen Garden, the amazing restaurant where I shared a meal with Doug before he tragically passed. This restaurant is not only DELICIOUS but it holds a very special place in my heart and being able to share my experience there with you was truly THE highlight for me. I'm glad I was able to introduce you to Doug a little more through that post because he was truly a special person.


Of course the Rocky Road bar from Sweet to Lick was another amazing highlight!

In addition to trying these amazing restaurants (which I will absolutely continue in the future) I also finally tapped into my Pinterest pins and tried out a few of the recipes.


The Ambitious Kitchen's chickpea blondies and this incredible sundae were definitely a must try from me! So so delicious with less guilt for the actual blondie (I mean there is ice cream sooooooo yeah).


FINALLY trying the Viet Vegan's Tteokbokki recipe was another highlight. I have made it again and will continue to enjoy it because it's freaking awesome! Another recipe I would highly recommend trying!

Finally, I really enjoyed taste testing lots of fun products that have been new to me. 


The "thin mint" type of cookie from Aldi was a really great treat! I love thin mints and wouldn't mind having a package of these in the freezer at all times 😂


The Mahalo bar was SO AMAZING! It was also a nice gesture from a new friend that I shared the amazing concert experience with in the beginning of August. I've had a lot of really beautiful moments with new friends this month and it is another reason why this has all been so special.


WHITE CHEDDAR POPCORN IS BACK IN MY LIFE! I was so excited to learn that this was vegan and even more excited when I tried it and it was delicious! Now I just need to get all of the bags the next time I see them 😂

So there you have it, some of the highlights of MoFo for me. If I had to put it into a nutshell, I'd say the thing I enjoyed most about my own journey has been getting out and experiencing more of the vegan scene around me. This blog has been called Long Island Vegan for a long time but I haven't really been showing you what Long Island has to offer. Until now. I'm really excited to spend more of my time on this blog sharing all of the amazing things Long Island and the surrounding areas have to offer. I am also excited to tackle my Pinterest list and share everything with you. And you know I'll continue sharing my meals and hauls with you. It feels so good to be re-invigorated.

So, for now, I will be taking the weekend off and then going back to my twice per week schedule as I adjust to my new job, new schedule and new routine. Once I have it all well managed I will probably try to add on at least one more post per week. I will definitely let you know when the time comes 😃 What have been some of your MoFo highlights? What did you see here that you'd love to see more of in the future? Is there anything you'd like to see less of or not at all. Let me know, I am so curious to know what you think and what you are enjoying!

I hope you all have an amazing weekend and I'll be back here next week 💚 Thank you all so much for taking the time out to come here and read my ramblings. It truly means so much to me!




7 comments:

Holly said...

You did it!! It's a really good thing to try and keep yourself busy when going through a hard time, and doing something you love helps. I have really enjoyed the extra posts. I always look forward to your posts on Tuesday and Friday mornings. Looking forward to maybe one more a week! I think the hauls posts are probably my favorite, I learn about so many new things. I never knew Aldi was so vegan friendly until I saw it here.

Thank-you!!

J said...

Congratulations on a successful Vegan MoFo, and thanks so much for the shout-out! I really enjoyed your posts; you had such a nice variety of themes, and I loved getting to learn more about Doug <3
Wishing you a restful weekend off and best of luck at your new job!

Susan said...

Hurrah for a successful MoFo. I loved reading all the variety in your posts. The highlight was definitely that pizza post... I think you need more of that pizza place in your life... so I can look at photos of all of the things. ;)

Hillary said...

I loved reading your MoFo posts!!
The pizza really did look amazing, but your meal at Zen garden was the highlight for me!!
Have the best weekend, and I can't wait to hear all about your new job!!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

There has been so much good food! It will take me a while to answer today's prompt, but I definitely want to do it, at some point. Thanks for the shout out! I'm committed to trying out tteokbokki, now that you've sold me on it.

You did it! Go you!

Sarah said...

Holly: Thank you! It definitely helped me to stay busy and I'm glad I got to honor him in some of these posts as well. Thank you so much, it means a lot <3 If you like the haul posts you'll be happy with tomorrow's post ;)

Julie: Thank you, congrats to you too! Thank you so much and I'm really happy that you enjoying learning about Doug. It warms my heart to hear that <3

Susan: Yay, congrats to you too on your MoFo posts! You have to come to NY so we can have all of the pizza!! I will make sure to go back so I can share some pizza love :) I will be working closer to it so maybe I can get some of my friends to meet me there after work!

Hillary: Thank you! <3 Zen Garden Was my highlight as well. A truly special place that holds wonderful memories for me. I can't wait to share with you!

The Student-turned-Doctor: Thanks! I hope you love the tteokbokki, it's so good! It is spicy though so you may want to skip the gochujang or go super light on it.

Jennifer said...

I'm flattered you mentioned me, even though I totally crashed and burned by the end of the month. Oof it was a rough month to do daily posting, and I am just catching up with all the vegan mofo blog reading! lol

I am STILL drooling over the Tteokbokki! It even made me go out and get some rice cakes to eat some for myself : D