Friday, August 2, 2019

Vegan MoFo 2019: Sweet To Lick Bakery and Market


Hello friends! Welcome back to another MoFo post! I couldn't let MoFo go by (especially when one of my themes is Long Island Vegan businesses and restaurants!) without discussing one of my favorite businesses on Long Island. It is called Sweet To Lick and they started by selling their amazing baked treats at farmers markets here on the Island. Luckily they decided to go brick and mortar and they opened up their bakery in Williston Park. They have been doing well and even expanded their menu to include some lunch items as well. I haven't tried their savory lunch options yet but it is definitely on my list of things to try.

Here is what the bakery looks like:


I don't go to the bakery very often (typically about once every couple of months) but I always enjoy it when I get to go. I figured I'd share some of the amazing treats I've had in the past:


One of the first times I went into the bakery I tried their version of the Swiss Roll and OMG. These things are amazing. They haven't made them in a really long time and when they did make them it was sporadic and they sold out quickly. I'm sure you can guess why I stocked up on this particular occasion. There are two regular and two peppermint and there was also a funfetti scone because I love all things funfetti. I am so sad that they don't make the swiss rolls anymore.


One of my favorite items that they make are their whoopee cookies. They are two cookies with a cream filling and they are delightful. My standard choice is the chocolate chip cookie with cookies n cream filling (right) and this trip I chose to pick up a grasshopper (chocolate cookie with mint filling) whoopee cookie as well.


On this trip I picked up a black and white bar (this one was ok but I probably wouldn't repurchase) and a funfetti (I told you I can't resist some damn sprinkles) whoopee cookie.


This is now my new favorite (OK tied with their version of a rainbow cookie which also shows up sporadically) item to get when they have it. This is a Rocky Road bar and it is FREAKING DELICIOUS. Pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and this shit gets next level awesome.

A few years after opening the bakery the owners of Sweet to Lick opened up their sister store two doors down and Long Island finally had its own all vegan market. To be honest their prices are a bit high but I get it. They probably aren't buying enough stock to get super wholesale pricing so I definitely understand. I love coming here when I want to try new items and get them all in one spot and not have to worry about going from store to store and them possibly not having it.

I figured it would be fun to share a few hauls to show you the kinds of products they have.


They typically have a really great selection of WayFare products which I think is awesome because they can be hard to find. Their dips are freaking awesome and while they are a treat for me I enjoy them when I eat them. The puddings are nice and thick and delicious. They also have a really great vegan cheese and meat substitute selection as well.


I chose this haul to share because it was the first time I had found most of these products! I was so excited that I found the Amy's Vegan Margherita Pizza Swirls, Oatly and the Violife Feta (they have a HUGE Violife selection). I know it is easier to find these products now but at the time they were all a lot more difficult to find so I remember being really excited about it.


Primal Strips in the Thai Peanut flavor are a random snack that I LOVE but can NEVER find. I can always find them at Sweet to Lick. It was also where I tried my first Vegan Rob's products and loved them. 

If you are ever on Long Island and want to check out a great little market to see what kinds of new vegan products you can find I highly recommend stopping by Sweet to Lick. Bring a cooler if you are traveling far because the highlight (for me at least) is their refrigerated selection. They also have health, beauty and lifestyle products as well as some apparel and cute accessories. They are very supportive to local companies and artists and just a very cool business to support. If you stop by make sure to pop in to the bakery and grab a tasty treat. If I'm being brutally honest I'm not a huge fan of their cakes and cupcakes but typically love everything in the first case you'll see when you walk in (to the right of the register). 


Thank you so much for stopping by! I'll be back on Monday for another week of posts! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 💚


11 comments:

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

man, that all looks good. especially those chocolate mini swiss roll things! Yum.

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I'm sad about the Swiss rolls now, too, and I never had one in the first place! Meanwhile, I see Cocomels in one of your hauls and I LOVE those.

Anonymous said...

I’ve never been to Long Island. Your post makes me want to go!

Susan said...

This sounds like such an amazing place! I must admit that I am not a big cupcake or cake person in most bakeries - too much frosting - so it is always other items that get my attention. Those swiss roll things look so good, a shame they stopped making them!
The hauls look really great as well. I finally tried some of those Vegan Rob Cheddar Puffs the other day and I loved them!

Hillary said...

I've never had a Swiss roll, but now I feel like I desperately want one!!
And the rocky road bar, yum!
That looks like a fun place to go to treat yourself!!!
OMG, I love, love love the Vegan Rob's stuff. I love their puffs, I haven't seen the mushroom chips anywhere though.

Jennifer said...

This review makes me want to swing by here next time I visit my Grandma. Those swiss rolls look amazing!

J said...

The grasshopper whoopee cookie sounds fun! I still need to try the Follow Your Heart slices, and the Oatly chocolate milk sounds delicious!

Sarah said...

Sal: The Swiss Rolls were soooo good! I'm so sad they don't make them anymore!

The Student-turned-Doctor: The swiss roll situation is indeed sad! But those cocomels, omg. SO. DAMN. GOOD.

Anonymous: Haha yay, I love that!!! We have tons of awesome vegan food here and if you like the beach you'd have fun at the beach! We also have a lot of historical stuff here (The Gold Coast Mansions are beautiful and worth exploring!!) as well as some cool little towns!

Susan: I agree, I am not a huge fan of a lot of frosting on my cakes. I much prefer just straight up cake. Their non cake items are so good though! And the market is amazing, I try to pick up something new to try each time I go!

Hillary: I'm so sad there are no more swiss rolls! The Rocky Road Bar is glorious! Definitely a great place for a treat. I LOVE the Vegan Rob's stuff too and I've gotten those for a pretty good price too! The puffs are the best option anyway so I wouldn't be too concerned about the mushroom chips ;) They didn't have much flavor anyway.

Jennifer: It's definitely worth a stop but they likely won't have the swiss rolls. I haven't seen them there in years. I'm sure you can find something delicious though!

Julie: The grasshopper whoopee cookie was soooo good! I love mint and chocolate together. The FYH slices are my fav sliced vegan cheese (sorry Chao!) and the Oatly was amazing!

Anonymous said...

Yum!!

Janyce Denise Glasper said...

They have got to make those Swiss Rolls again. Oh, my former Little Debbie loving heart. Your hauls are great-- bakery and grocery wise (love the Follow Your Heart slices). Sounds like a great place to get a sweet fix annndddd grocery necessities.

Sarah said...

Anonymous: So. Much. Yum!!! <3 :)

Janyce Denise Glasper: I know!! He's said they are A LOT of work so I guess I get that but I miss them!! They were delicious. The FYH slices are my fav and I love having them around because it is one stop shopping when I just need to get stuff and don't want to have to go to 4 places! Thank you for stopping by!! <3