Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Vegan MoFo 2019: Meal Prep!


Hey everyone!! I hope you are all well! I'm back today with another post for Vegan MoFo 2019. Today will be a quick post where I share my meal prep for the first half of the week. I'm expecting it to last a few days then I'll prep a little more to get through the end of the week (I see some Ttoekbokki in my future!). 


I want to get my veggies roasted while it was cooler out and so I could just make quick dinners after work. The asparagus is beautiful and roasted up super quickly. I roast mine with salt, pepper and garlic. So delicious.


I use the same seasonings on my cauliflower. I had a major cauliflower craving this week so I'm really excited to enjoy this for dinner throughout the week!


You guys! I'm so proud of these stuff portabello caps!! I wanted to make them almost like a pizza/stuffed mushroom. What I did was cook the mushrooms at 400 for about 15 minutes so the liquid would release a bit before stuffing them. I added a little sauce to them and then a TON of steamed spinach. I topped that with more sauce and some Daiya Cutting Board Mozzarella Shreds and put them back into the oven for a few. I didn't worry about the cheese cooking that much (I like my cheese cooked well) because I'll reheat them in the oven. I'll also be topping them with garlic powder when I eat them. I think the look amazing, they smelled delicious and I can't wait to eat them!!

So there you have it, a little glimpse into what I'll be eating this week. I'll be back tomorrow to fill you in on stuff I've been eating over the past week or so! See you then!


8 comments:

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

What a clever idea for the pizza!

I'm a lot less methodical about my food prep, but I've been thinking I need to remedy that, probably. Do you ever pre-chop your vegetables? I feel like there are times I can wrap my mind around cooking but not chopping and vice versa.

Anonymous said...

I’m so psyched, your mushroom pizza recipe sounds awesome.
Thank you for giving detailed directions. That is so helpful.
💙💙

Susan said...

Those mushrooms look amazing!!!!

Sarah said...

The Student-turned-Doctor: The mushroom pizza is SO DELICIOUS! I don't really pre-chop my veggies, I just get everything done at once. If it's pre-chopped it's because I've purchased it pre-chopped. I get prepared mirepoix for my soups because I know that I won't be able to grip the knife to cut through carrots and it just makes it easier for me. Everything else is so quick I just do it when I'm ready to prep.

Anonymous: Thanks, I'm so glad that you like the idea! If you try it let me know how you liked it! <3

Susan: They are so good!!

Becky @ Vegan Beckles said...

Those mushrooms look so good! I'll have to try them!

J said...

Your roasted veggies look great, and the mushroom pizzas are such a fun idea!

Anonymous said...

I can’t wait to try them. The addition of wilted spinach is genius.
I think you have mentioned roasting potatoes with French (?) dressing, have you tried this with sweet potatoes?
Thank you so much for the yummy daily posts.
🥦🥦

Sarah said...

Becky: The mushrooms are amazing! Let me know if you try them!

Julie: Thank you! <3

Anonymous: Yay!! I'm glad you're going to try them! Yes, it's French dressing! I've never tried them with sweet potatoes, it sounds like that could be good though! They are so good with white potatoes. Thank you for reading them!! <3