Thursday, August 8, 2019

Vegan MoFo 2019: Stuff I Ate!


Hey friends! Welcome back for another MoFo posts! I'm not going to lie I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking to this weekday schedule I set for myself. I'm really happy to be able to share some new content with you. Today, I'm going to be doing a post you'd regularly find on my blog: some stuff I ate over the past week. This is standard for me and I love sharing the delicious things I've had! 


Please ignore the styrofoam, I got this from a local deli that makes really great hot food. I'm going to leave a plate at work to start using instead but yes, this is in styrofoam. Anyway, I needed a quick lunch so I grabbed some delicious potatoes and a veggie medley that contained cabbage, mushrooms, corn and onions and it was DELICIOUS!


A friend of mine bought me a Mahalo bar to try! If you love coconut and used to eat Almond Joy in your pre vegan days you'll love this bar! It is incredibly sweet though so I saved it for two servings. I'm glad it had the almonds because that helped cut the sweetness just a little bit.


The night I roasted my veggies I made myself a chick'n parm cutlet using the Aldi Chickenless patty and had it with some roasted asparagus and cauliflower. I wanted to save those stuffed mushrooms for quick after work dinners. The chick'n parm was DELICIOUS.


This is the bagged chopped Asian Salad mix that I got from Aldi. I actually used the Asian Vinaigrette from Panera (I love that dressing and it's vegan!) and it was delicious. I added the crunchy topping later so it wouldn't get soggy. I dressed this salad the night before because I wanted the cabbage to get more tender.


A delicious container of green grapes!


The delicious and quick meal of my meal prep items. The stuffed mushroom was so delicious! Such a satisfying meal!

So that's some of the stuff I've been enjoying over the past week or so! I'm so glad to have gotten so much more produce and fresh foods in my body recently. I'm definitely looking to keep that up as it is especially ideal during the summer 😊 I hope you all have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow with a very special post!!



6 comments:

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Oh, wow, the Mahalo bar! One of my favorite treats. The company that makes them also makes a vegan Snickers dupe (Jokers) and a Milky Way (Twilight) I've enjoyed. I hope someday to encounter their other bars; they apparently also make a vegan Twix. I could just order them online but I try to avoid ordering online food when I know I can feed myself well from what is available locally. Someday! Maybe. I hope.

Hillary said...

I love the Mahalo bars! They are really sweet though.
You have been eating some delicious food lately! The Asian salad is so beautiful. I like to make it a little ahead too.
That simple meal of potatoes and veggies looks and sounds so good!!!

Becky @ Vegan Beckles said...

I need to find me one of those mahalo bars!

J said...

All your food looks so good, and it sounds like your meal prep worked out really well!

Susan said...

So much yummy looking and colourful food! Your takeaway looks delicious, and your home meals too. Sounds like the mushrooms tasted as good as they looked!

Sarah said...

The Student-turned-Doctor: The Mahalo bar was so good, I'm so glad I got to try it!! I've had the Twilight bar and it was so good! I didn't know they make a vegan Twix, I need that in my life! I'll have to look that up!

Hillary: The Mahalo bar is delicious! So sweet though for sure. Thank you! I've been enjoying my meals so much and that salad was DELICIOUS!! I need more of that in my life.

Becky: I hope you can find it! It's so good!

Julie: Thank you! It really did work out well! An hour of time in the beginning of the week saved so much time during the week!

Susan: Thank you! The mushroom was delicious and I really enjoyed everything I ate this week!