Thursday, August 15, 2019

Vegan MoFo 2019: More Stuff I Ate and some Art!


Hi friends!! Welcome back to another MoFo post! For today, I have another round up of delicious meals that I've eaten over the past week or so. I love these types of posts because I always get ideas for meals that I'd love to try and I hope that this will inspire you as well! 


For this meal I enjoyed a chick'n parmesan individual pita pizza with some roasted cauliflower on the side to make me feel better about myself 😂 This meal was DELICIOUS.


Anyone that has been reading my blog for a while that this is my favorite and staple meal, particularly to bring to work for lunch. I have stuffed grape leaves, grape tomatoes and baby carrots with some roasted garlic hummus. Such a great, quick meal to put together for a work lunch or easy dinner.


For this meal I made a chick'n parmesan sandwich and some curly fries. I was feeling super junky that night and this was perfect.


I had a sweet, snacky dessert type of plate with some graham crackers, strawberries and an individual cup of chocolate hummus. This chocolate hummus was even better than the original one I tried from Aldi! It is so chocolatey and fudge, so delicious! It was awesome paired with the strawberries too, my favorite pairing so far!

As I mentioned back in my Introduction post, I am really passionate about mixed media art. I started creating pieces a few months ago and it has been something that has helped me through difficult mental health periods as well as my grief. I'm incredibly grateful that I found this outlet! I can't believe I haven't shared any pieces with you yet!


When I first made this piece I HATED it. I wanted to try something new and juxtapose the pretty florals with the industrial looking cardboard texture and gears. It's been a few weeks since I created this piece and when I look at it with fresh eyes I actually really love it!! I'm really happy with it and glad that I went out of my comfort zone.


I created this piece as a gift for my friend. I was supposed to go to a concert with Doug in the beginning of August. She messaged me a few days before the show and asked what I was doing that night. I told her that I was supposed to go to the concert with him so I wasn't sure how I would be feeling that night. She told me that he had inspired her to get tickets and she had an extra one and she felt like it was right for her to reach out to me and invite me. I accepted immediately and was able to enjoy a really beautiful and EMOTIONAL (I cried through half of the show thanks to the setlist that I am pretty sure they created to make me cry 😂) experience with a new friend. As a thank you for inviting me I made her this piece on a CD because I felt like that was appropriate fitting the whole concert theme. I'm so grateful to have that experience and I'm 150% sure that he was there with us enjoying that show and the fact that he brought us together.

So that's some stuff I've been eating and creating! I hope you liked this post and stay tuned, tomorrow I have a really special post for you 💚



6 comments:

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I'm glad you got to go to a concert! Sometimes we just need to cry.

I love chocolate with strawberries and the chocolate hummus does look pretty good. I don't think dessert hummus caught on here when a local store tried to introduce it so I may have to wait a while before I have another opportunity, but you've inspired me to try it out sometime.

Susan said...

Your food always looks so good. That pizza! Oh my. And crackers with strawberries and chocolate hummus sounds like such a lovely combination.

Your art is so beautiful, I love the story behind the second one. It sounds like going to the concert was a really special experience.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate hummus just seems so wrong. Maybe that's why I'm so intrigued to maybe give it a try. Though, the humus preconditioning as a non-dessert food is so strong that I don't know if I can even free myself from it. I've never seen chocolate hummus with any of the standard hummus. If it's not outlawed in my territory, would it be in the yogurt or pudding sections?

Your art is very beautiful.😂

Sarah said...

The Student-turned-Doctor: Thank you. It was a cathartic experience. It was fun and it was nice to bond with a new friend and it was sad and bittersweet but I'm so glad I went. The dessert hummus is so good. It's a great way to have chocolate and dips are always fun!

Susan: Thank you! The pizza was so delicious, I was pretty proud of that one, ha! The dessert plate was so yummy. And thank you so much, the concert was a really special, beautiful experience! <3

Anonymous: Ha! I know it seems wrong, I was weary about it too but I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did! I think we all associate hummus with a garlic flavor and it's hard to remove that and imagine a sweet version but I promise it's good (the one's I've tried at least!). I found it in the hummus section! Thank you!

J said...

Your pita pizzas always look so good, and I definitely need to have some curly fries soon; it's been too long, haha! Yay for more art! I love the flowers and gears combination, and the CD piece you made for your friend is beautiful, as is the story behind it <3

Sarah said...

Julie: Thanks, I love the pita pizza! Get the curly fries, they are sooooo good! Thank you so much, I had fun making those pieces <3