Monday, August 26, 2019

Vegan MoFo 2019: All The Hauls!


Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well! Well, MoFo is wrapping up this week and it has been a whirlwind. I am so proud of myself for sticking with the schedule that I created for myself (posting every weekday), despite my life being so hectic and crazy right now. I am trying to figure out what kind of schedule I want to stick to after MoFo. Since my first week at my new job is next week I'm thinking I'll stick to 2 posts a week until I get settled in and then I'll try and add at least one more post per week. We'll get to that when the time comes though! I hope you've been enjoying MoFo this year and I'm so happy that I participated this year.

So, let's get on the to hauls!! I went to a few places and wanted to share everything with you because hauls are fun 😂


The first place I went to was the Sweet To Lick Market which you can read about here. I was looking for a few specific things (which they didn't have, of course… my life, ha!) but I found a few things that I wanted to splurge on. The first is the Kite Hill tortellini! As you know, I'm not really a pasta person but for some reason I really wanted to try it so here we are! I got a bag of Vegan Rob's Cheddar Puffs, some Follow Your Heart Shredded Parmesan (I've never tried!) and American Slices and my beloved Thai Peanut Primal Strips.


When you go to the market it would be silly not to go to the bakery as well. I saw that they had two Rocky Road Bars left (I got there just in time!) so I made sure to grab one of those along with a Death By Chocolate Whoopee Cookie.


I went to Stop & Shop, our local grocery chain, to pick up a few things and found a few fun new things to try! Gardein has these bowls out that sound amazing!! I grabbed the Sausage and Country Style Gravy Breakfast Bowl to try because it sounded like exactly what I need in my life (and something I can recreate on my own!) so I will be trying that out in a taste testing post later this week! I also got some of the breakfast sausage to meal prep for the week and these Flatbread Pizzas were on sale from $9.99 down to $5.99 so I decided to grab one. I will also review it in the taste test post.


Finally, I picked up a few things from H-Mart so I could meal prep my lunches for the week. I got some cauliflower, broccoli, Japanese Sweet Potatoes and some unpictured tofu. I don't know how I forgot to add it to the picture but it's been a hectic few days, ha!

So there are some hauls for you! It's mostly fun stuff and I brought some other stuff from home to fill in for the rest of the week. I'll be back tomorrow to share the meal prep that I've gotten done for the week. Hope you have a great day! 💚


7 comments:

Bianca said...

OOOOH, nice finds! I love those Vegan Rob's puffs, and I can't wait to hear about the Gardein bowl (I've not seen those yet!!). Also, Japanese sweet potatoes are my fave!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I tried the Gardein bowls when I first saw them, too. I'll be interested to know what you think of them. I wished the gravy came in a separate packet because once you stir everything up as directed it looks really unappetizing and you don't get the same effect from gravy that's been stirred in. They tasted okay, but could be so much better. The pasta ones were better, at least from what I tried.

Susan said...

I finally tried those cheddar puffs a little while ago and they are SO GOOD. I love them!
Looks like you got some pretty fun stuff, and I look forward to your reports on them.

Hillary said...

What a great haul!! I love the vegan Rob's puffs so much, I just picked up a bag of the cauliflower puffs myself!!!
I can't wait to hear what you think of everything. I've never seen the vegan harvest pizzas!!!!!

Sarah said...

Bianca: I love the puffs too, thy are so good! Review coming up for the bowl and the Japanese sweet potatoes are soooo good!

The Student-turned-Doctor: I felt very similarly about the gravy. I wish there was more too and that it came separately. I talk about it in my review coming up ;) I did like the flavor of everything though!

Susan: OMG the puffs are delicious! Everything is definitely fun, and I've been enjoying trying it!

Hillary: Thanks! The puffs are amazing. Spoiler alert: Pizza was good but not even worth the sale price.

J said...

The tortellini sounds like such a fun purchase, and yay for getting to the bakery in time for a rocky road bar!

Jennifer said...

HMart is the best for tofu! I buy the massive 6 lb pack and get the tofu for half the price as normal supermarkets.

Stinks about the pizza. Daiya has pizza on sale at Wegmans and I really want it but I remember the crust being crummy. You could keep your eyes peeled at Aldi's, they have pizza dough for $1. I am going to try it out tonight