Friday, March 23, 2018

Fun Friday: Randomness From This Week

Hey guys! I hope that you are all well and excited for the weekend! Mine starts Sunday and I'm really excited to get into another weekend. I've decided to have a Treat Yo Self kind of weekend after the past week and a half that I've had and I'm pretty excited for it. I'll share what I get and make on Tuesday so yay! I had another day of panic after I posted on Tuesday but I've finally started to calm down and have been ok since then. I'm so grateful for this because it was an absolute nightmare to deal with it for almost two whole weeks but hopefully it is behind me for now.

Anyway, this post is a random mix of things that I've eaten and that have happened over the past week!


This is how we welcome Spring in New York 😂 We had another nor'easter on Wednesday and got a pretty significant amount of snow. Luckily it has been warmish since then and the streets have cleared up quite a bit.


I remember seeing this on Ingrid's blog and I decided it was time to pick it up. The only flavors they had were Raspberry Lemon and original so I decided to pick up the Raspberry Lemon even though raspberry is not a favorite flavor of mine. Turns out the flavor is really light and I love it. It kind of reminds me of a really weak iced tea. I really love the effects of it too. It definitely has a mellowing effect. It doesn't cure panic but it does help me to feel calm which is perfect for bedtime as I'm not the best at sleeping. I would definitely recommend this!


I decided to have some black bean soup from Panera to warm up. The soups are by far my favorite thing to get from Panera. The black bean is great but my favorite is the Garden Vegetable (order with no Pesto and it's vegan!). The black bean was the vegan option on the menu that day so I grabbed it and it was great.


I had breakfast for lunch on the day of the storm and it was sooooooo good. I had some frozen blueberries that I got for my blueberry corn muffins and to be honest, blueberries are not my favorite. I know I won't really make smoothies out of them and I didn't want them to go to waste. I do love blueberry waffles so I decided to defrost them and put them on top of my gluten free waffles and add some maple syrup and it was SO FREAKING GOOD. I'm glad that I figured out a way to use up my blueberries.


Finally. It's not pretty but you guys, it's damn good. This is a PIZZA BAKED POTATO!!!!! I basically baked up a potato, mushed up the flesh, added some broccoli, pizza sauce, vegan mozzarella and garlic powder and put it back in the oven to get it all gooey and delicious and you guys, it was so good. I made the whole potato but only ate half because my appetite isn't quite back yet but the second half heated up beautifully the next night. I highly recommend trying this out with your favorite pizza toppings! The next time I make it I'll get a better picture because this looks terrible but I promise it tastes great!

That's all I have for you today! I'm looking forward to sharing my Treat Yo Self splurges on Tuesday! I hope you all have a great weekend <3

8 comments:

Hillary said...

I've seen quite a few people talk about that vitality drink. I will be checking Natural Grocers the next time I'm there to see if they have it. Quieting the mind at night is sometimes very hard.
How have I never made a pizza baked potato? That looks incredible!
I hope you continue to feel better!

Panty Buns said...

That view down the street with all the snow covered tree branches looks like a pretty winter scene - in Spring on Long Island! I was lucky where I am (also Long Island) that there was slightly less snow and that it melted fast - yet I still procrastinated on starting any Spring cleanup. The squirrels were out feasting on maple seeds.
The black bean soup, blueberry waffles and especially that pizza baked potato all look delicious!!! Luckily I had just made myself a bowl of two sliced fresh organic bananas before I read this post - otherwise I'd feel so hungry I'd be scouring the refrigerator looking for snacks!

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Ingrid said...

I'm so glad you like the Natural Calm! I think the mellow effect is really great, and it's good to know that after a stressful day I can sip on this before bed to ensure I sleep.

The east coast has had significantly more snow than the west this year! Blueberry waffles sound so good, and I need to try the pizza potato!

J said...

Your snow photo is so pretty! We got 6.5 inches of snow here on Wednesday, thankfully most of it is already melted! Your pizza baked potato sounds like an incredible idea; I definitely need to try that out! Enjoy your Treat Yo Self weekend! :)

Sarah said...

The calm drink is definitely good. It's not a cure all but it helps me when I drink it.

Thank you! It was so delicious, I don't know how I hadn't tried it before now either!

Thank you!

Sarah said...

Thank you! I'm glad that you weren't hit too hard, it's melting pretty quickly here too.

Thank you! Haha that's how I feel when I watch vegan YouTube videos, I always get hungry!! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Sarah said...

It is great, thanks for the recommendation! It definitely helps me mellow out a bit which I've needed lately. It was definitely a good investment!

My area has been spared for the most part this winter. For some reason it picked up quite a bit over the past month but hopefully that was the last of it!

Yes, try the potato! It was so good!

Sarah said...

Thank you! I'm glad that yours melted quickly, ours is melting quickly too!

Thank you! I hope you do try it, it's delicious! Just customize with your favorite pizza toppings!

Thank you!