Friday, March 9, 2018

Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well! I figured today would be a good day to do a Stuff I Ate post with photos I've been taking of my delicious meals since the last Stuff I Ate post. I've been trying to be less lazy about my meals but yeah…. not so much hahaha.


I had purchased the Gardein Fishless Filets to make some fish tacos for my Taco Tuesday post but that didn't happen… but I did decide to make some fish and chips! It was so good you guys. I didn't really ever eat fish in my pre-vegan days so I don't know what possessed me to try these before but I really liked them. I rarely eat them but I definitely would recommend them if you wanted some fish and chips or fish tacos. I bet they would be awesome with malt vinegar.


You guys. This is a huge deal for me. Hazelnut will forever be my favorite flavor of coffee and coffee creamer and it has been YEARS since I've seen the Hazelnut Silk Soy Creamer! I couldn't believe it when I stumbled upon it in a grocery store I had never gone to before. I am so happy to have this back in my life.


This fruit bowl was the reason I went into the above grocery store and it was as sad as it looked. It was not good. Luckily I didn't waste a lot of money on it (it was like $3.65 for this huge bowl) but it was definitely disappointing.


I decided to treat myself to some ice cream (and it was on sale for $4 sooooooooo, yeah) and they did not have my beloved coffee caramel fudge flavor. Vegan Peace raves about this flavor so I decided to give it a try and you guys. This shit is GOOD. I think it is now tied at the top with Coffee Caramel Fudge for me. Thanks for the recommendation!


This sad picture was a work breakfast that I had. This cantaloupe was actually really good, especially for being off season. The muffin was… well you know how the muffin was from my PinterTest post and the coffee with my Hazelnut creamer was freaking amazing.


It has been a while since I shared a bento box! This one has my favorite simple rice "bowl" with jasmine rice, seasoned seaweed, tofu, green onion, tamari and a little agave. In the other container I had some more cantaloupe and some almonds with about a tablespoon of chocolate chips. Not the prettiest bento box but certainly delicious!

I've also been eating lots of tacos but you saw those in my last post so no need to show them again. That's all I have for today's post but I'll be back on Tuesday with some more fun vegan stuff. Hope you all have a great weekend! <3


10 comments:

Hillary said...

The gardein fishless filets are so fishy it scared me the first time I tried them! Ben&Jerry's for life! I can't wait to try the cinnamon buns flavor!!
Your bento lunch looks delicious!!

Beverlee said...

I think your bento box is pretty and delicious looking! Almonds and chocolate chips are a winning combo. I wouldn’t be mad if you posted your jasmine rice recipe;)

J said...

Your fish & chips look great; I had the Gardein fishless filets not too long ago, but now I'm wanting them again, haha! I haven't gotten around to trying the new vegan Ben & Jerry's flavors, so I'll have to keep an eye out for that one!

Jennifer said...

I had fish and chips before, and now your photo makes me miss those days. I guess I mostly miss that pipping hot flaky coating. Mmmmm.... I need to find a restaurant that does vegan fish and chips! XD

The off season cantaloupe has been really good this year! Which is nice since my CSA's cantaloupe crop last year was a complete bust.

Sarah said...

A lot of the Gardein products have scared me a bit because the texture is so spot on but it's so freaking good! I am so excited for the Cinnamon Buns flavor! Thanks!

Sarah said...

Thanks Beverlee! You can't go wrong with a simple trail mix :) Haha there isn't much of a recipe to post to be honest. I'll e-mail you what I do but I don't have measurements lol

Sarah said...

Thank you! I eat them rarely but I always enjoy them when I do! Definitely try this one if you can, it's SOOOOOO good!

Sarah said...

Awww yeah I've never had it before but for some reason I felt like making it! That would be awesome if you could find it!

I know, I'm so surprised and happy about it! I love cantaloupe and it's been great!

Ingrid said...

I've seen those Vegan Fish Fillets but was hesitant - I trust your tastebuds, so I'll have to check it out some time! I'm super sad about the TJ's Chickenless strips being so oily, so I don't have a frozen treat in my back pocket.

We are almost to spring - bring on the in season berries and cherries!

Sarah said...

If you liked fish before going vegan I think you will like them. It definitely has an ocean flavor. I like to batter on it too, it's a batter and not breading so it was good. I know, I haven't bought the TJs Chickenless strips since because I was really disappointed. Gardein is always a winner though.

I'm so ready for the berries and cherries and WATERMELON!!!!