Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Taco Tuesday

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well and that you enjoyed your weekend! Things have been pretty hectic here but I'm pretty happy that I've been able to keep up with both of my blogs and also keep other side projects going as well. I could do with a few extra hours a day for relaxation but I guess this is the grind for now.

Anyway, I thought it would be really fun to do a Taco Tuesday post today! I don't eat a ton of Mexican food or tacos specifically but lately I've been enjoying them as a quick meal for nights where I just want to throw something together. I've had a few different versions of tacos so I thought it would be really fun to do a full post on the tacos I've been enjoying and what better day than a Tuesday!


This was my first set of tacos that I tried. They are clearly soft tacos and I stuffed them with some fat free refried beans, the tiniest but of vegan cheddar, some vegan sour cream, tomato and lettuce. These were delicious.


These were technically supposed to be quesadillas but ended up looking like tacos so I'm calling them tacodillas and including them in the post 😂 I used soft taco shells and made them with fat free refried beans, spinach and some amazing buttery soft avocado (which I add after crisping it up in the pan). This combination may seem odd but it is by far my favorite. 


I would probably call these a savory breakfast taco? These have refried beans, tofu scramble with spinach and of course some avocado. To be honest I will probably leave out the beans next time and just make a more veggie filled tofu scramble but this was really delicious as is. Maybe I just wasn't feeling the beans this time. Who knows. It was still really great and tofu scramble tacos are definitely something I will make again!

I was going to make a sweet breakfast taco/tacodilla as well but didn't get to in time for this post. If I make it soon I'll post it in my next Stuff I Ate post (which I think should be coming up soon!). I'll be honest, I'm kind of good on tacos for the time being haha. I have probably eaten more tacos in the past week than I have in my entire lifetime and while I enjoyed them I'm definitely ready for a break!

All of my fellow Northeasterners please be safe during this next storm! Stay warm and dry <3 Have a great week everyone!


12 comments:

Panty Buns said...

Both of those vegan tacos you made look delicious!!! The veggie filled tofu scramble sounds yummy too, I'm going food shopping later and those avocados will be winking at me. I'll be looking at some fresh veggies and will pick up some extra firm tofu. I'm going to start keeping an eye out for things like vegan cheddar too.

I'm hoping I can improve my health and get more active - I have / will have a lot of Spring cleanup to do.
I'm hoping we don't get too much snow tomorrow (fingers crossed). I hope you stay warm and have a great week too!

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2017/10/lingerie-review-of-full-brief-panties.html

Jennifer said...

I love tacos, but I never make them enough. I forget how easy they are. I am sure once the kiddo gets older I will be making them more because I remember loving how you could "customize" your taco when I was a kid.

Breakfast tacos are awesome! We did that one Christmas morning. I made a veggie tofu scramble, and my sister made things like guac, salsa, and fajita veggies and it was super delish.

Bianca said...

Tacodilla! YES!! I love that. I freaking love tacos, and now I want some. :-)

J said...

Your tacos (and tacodillas) look great! It's snowing here now, but doesn't seem too bad yet (knocks on wood). Hope you're keeping warm!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much!! Yes, definitely stock up, these tacos are so good, fast and easy!

Hopefully it's not as bad as they are making it seem! Stay safe and warm!

Sarah said...

I love how easy it is to customize tacos to everyone's preferences. Taco bars are perfect for parties too because then everyone is happy :)

Yes, breakfast tacos for the win! Next time I'll make sure I am more prepared for them ;)

Sarah said...

I think the tacodilla was my favorite! It was so good, that avocado was so buttery and delicious. Haha yes, have those tacos!

Sarah said...

Thank you! Hopefully the snow won't be as bad as they are saying it will be! Stay safe and warm!!

Hillary said...

I love tofu scramble tacos! An I love quesadillas. Your quesadilla combo actually sounds really delicious!!
I hope you find some time to get a little relaxing in!

Sarah said...

They are so good! Next time I'm going to try adding potatoes instead of the beans. I bet it'll be so freaking delicious!

Ingrid said...

These look so good!! I've found that I have to make my quesadillas pretty light because I can't stop them from falling apart, but I would be willing to be messy in order to eat these delicious tacodillas! :)

Sarah said...

Thank you!! The tacodillas were not that messy because I used the small tortillas and didn't have to cut them! I think that cutting them is what causes most of the mess. That's my pro tip for the day, haha!