Friday, March 30, 2018

Some Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone! Happy Friday! I hope you are all doing well. I haven't been feeling my best lately but I am definitely proud to say that I kicked the caffeine again (old habits die hard but I'm officially caffeine free and past the withdrawals) and I've been sleeping so much better now. Sadly my gastritis is back so my meals have been kind of sad and plain but I still kept taking photos to show you. They aren't the most exciting meals but it's what I ate. There will definitely be more veggies in my next What I Ate post, that I can assure you.


I tried the Greek Style Kite Hill yogurt and still wasn't a fan. I don't know why I can't get into the Kite Hill yogurts but they just aren't my thing. Luckily I had an apple and some pineapple to have so I was satisfied anyway.


This was a very delicious bowl of cereal. This is the Trader Joe's mini shredded wheat cereal with some sliced almonds, raisins, cinnamon and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. This was super delicious and incredibly filling. 


I tried this flavor of McDougall's soups and you guys. It is AMAZING. Definitely my new favorite and I think I am going to try to recreate it on my own. It is so delicious and so flavorful.


These are the nutrition facts if you were curious.


This is my new favorite Larabar flavor. It is perfect if you are craving chocolate but don't want to be super indulgent. It is delicious and certainly helps curb the craving. I love it.


This is my sad breakfast/snack for today. The pain is real right now so I don't have much of an appetite so we'll see how this works out. I know the banana isn't super ripe yet but it was the most ripe one I could find.

So that's my kind of sad Stuff I Ate post. It will hopefully be more exciting next time around. I hope the you are all doing well and that you all have a Happy Easter or Passover, whichever you are celebrating… although is it appropriate to say Happy Passover? That's what I celebrate and I seriously still never know. Oh well 😂 I hope you have a great weekend, no matter what you celebrate!

11 comments:

Hillary said...

Congratulations on kicking the coffee habit!! I know how difficult it is.
I'm sorry you aren't feeling the greatest. I hope you feel better soon!!
I'm glad I'm not alone on the kite hill yogurt. To me it is definitely not worth the price. Especially the Greek yogurt. I was not a fan of the texture at all!
Feel better! Sending hugs and soup!

Panty Buns said...

I know that feeling when you're used to drinking a lot of coffee and then go without it. Not fun at all. I drink a half a pot of coffee a day, but just read this morning that a judge in Los Angeles has ruled that Starbucks must put a cancer warning on coffee sold in California because acrylamide, a byproduct of roasting coffee beans is present in high levels i brewed coffee. Eek!
Those pineapple chunks look delicious, and the banana looks perfect.
I only recently realised that Easter falls on April Fools Day this year. I wonder if the Easter Bunny finds that as confusing as I do?
I hope you feel all better very soon and have a happy everything

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Bianca said...

Not a sad post at all! That cereal looks hella delish. And I love those soup cups. I can't recall if I've had that one though. I love the vegan chicken ramen one, but I should grab that one next time!

J said...

Congrats on going caffeine-free! The cereal looks really good with all your toppings! I hope you're feeling better soon, and that you have a good Passover!

Sarah said...

Thanks! I sucks going through those withdrawals but once you are done it actually feels good… other than missing the taste of coffee haha. Thanks, me too. Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Everyone raves and I'm like eh? Really?

Thank you!! Hugs!

Sarah said...

Hi! It's funny, I don't even drink a lot of coffee, just one cup per day. It wasn't the caffeine it was the taste and I'll definitely miss that. I heard about the warning, that's crazy! The benefits and detriments of coffee have been debated for so long though.

Thank you! I've been craving fruit so much lately, I'm ready for cherry/berry/watermelon season!

Thank you so much, hope you have a happy holiday!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much! The soup cups are great, the miso ramen was my fav but this one is so much better. I'm going to try and make a copycat version and if it comes out well I'll post a recipe for it!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend as well!

Ingrid said...

The acidity in coffee bothers me a little bit, so I've reduced my consumption to not at all or once a week treat. I am drinking tea regularly, both herbal and matcha/black tea so I'm not totally caffeine free but my esophagus is super happy!

I've not seen the Spring Onion soup, but I do love to have those soups on hand! I'll have to look for it!

I hope the gastritis heals quickly! It doesn't sound like any fun at all. I hope you are resting and enjoying your weekend!

Midnite said...

Amande makes a really nice almond based yoghurt (my favourite is blueberry) and So Delicious does a nice coconut based yoghurt if you want something different. I enjoyed these and never even liked yoghurt.

Jennifer said...

I love the Kite Hill yogurt, but then again I use to only like the really high fat yogurts. I remember in college before going vegan eating the little for baby yogurts that were made with whole milk.