Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Mini Haul and a Few Meals

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well, had a great weekend and enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day! I had to work so I didn't do anything but let's be honest, I probably wouldn't have done anything if I wasn't working, ha! I do enjoy living vicariously through all of your posts so I'm looking forward to doing so. Thank you all so much for your kind words and support on my last post. This last week has been one of the worst in a really long time but it's over and I'm feeling better every day. Among a whole list of mental health issues I suffer from Panic Disorder and the prednisone just completely triggered a horrible week of panic so it was definitely a big struggle but I'm getting through it and hopefully I'm on the other side now.

I've mentioned a few times in the past that I'm lucky enough to live close to a fully vegan market that opened in the area. I don't go as often as I'd like because let's be honest, it's damn expensive but I like to go every once in a while to show some support and try a few new products.

Here is a mini haul from Sunday:


On the top left you see Plant Snacks Vegan Cheddar Cassava Root Chips. These were the reason I went. I saw a photo of them on Instagram and decided that I needed to try them so I hopped in my car and went haha. I was glad they had them and they are really good. I also found the Field Roast Mini Corn Dogs and I still can't believe I purchased them because a. the price tag was STEEP and b. I have never like hot dogs EVER. I don't know what possessed me but I've been so curious and decided to splurge. I also splurged on my very first Miyoko's Creamery Cheese and grabbed the Garlic Herb wheel. Finally, since Easter is coming and all (not that I celebrate but you know, justification) I grabbed the chocolate covered Espresso Cocomels and a chocolate Easter Egg.


The first product I tried was the Miyoko's cheese which I spread on a toasted pumpernickel bagel. You guys, I don't know what's wrong with me but I never seem to like to most popular and raved about products. I found this oddly sweet for a Garlic Herb flavored cheese. When I hear garlic herb I expect really savory and it was sweet to me. I was not a fan. I'm glad I can at least say I tried it though.


The next product I taste tested was the mini corn dogs. I decided to go for a junky dinner and had a few of the corn dogs and some fries I baked in the oven (for reference that is a salad plate haha). I was really surprised by how much I liked the corn dogs. To be honest they are really expensive and I probably won't buy them again because I don't like hot dogs enough to do that but I did enjoy them (probably because I love cornbread) and the rest of the bag will definitely not go to waste.


This is just a random bonus meal I photographed. I made a delicious wrap with half of one of the Trader Joe's Lavash wraps with hummus, tofurkey, avocado, tomato and romaine. I had it with a few stuffed grape leaves and some delicious, sweet pineapple. Such a great meal.

So that's what I have for you today! I hope that you are all doing well and I'll see you on Friday with another post! <3

10 comments:

Ingrid said...

I’ve been curious about the lavash, and this last photos has inspired me to try one! It looks delicious!

I wish companies provided sample packs, so you could try an item and then decide if you want to drop the bucks on the entire bag/box! The price often deters me, which is why I have to be feeling extra indulgent if it is $5 or more! Ha!

J said...

The cassava root chips sound nice; I'll have to keep an eye out for them! And yay for chocolates, too, haha! Your "junky dinner" looks so good; glad you got to try the corn dogs!

Hillary said...

Oh man the cassava root chips sound amazing!! I wonder if I'll ever see them anywhere! Are they similar to the Earth Balance cheddar crackers or more like a chip? Either way they sound delish! I also haven't seen the Field Roast mini corn dogs anywhere.
I totally agree with Ingrid about the sample packs. Vegan specialty items are so expensive and it hurts when you don't care for them!

Sarah said...

The Lavash wraps are really great! They are so easy to wrap and they taste good. Definitely give them a try but check the ingredients first because I think different regions may have slightly different ingredients! I've heard of them being vegan in some areas on not in others.

I know I wish I could sample too. The cheese was an $11 mistake. I feel like every time I splurge I'm so disappointed!

Sarah said...

The Cassave Root Chips are amazing! I really liked them and they definitely had a cheesy taste. I can't wait to dig into the cocomels and I'm glad I got to try the corn dogs too! It was a nice surprise that I actually enjoyed them haha.

Sarah said...

The chips are so good! They are probably more like a chip but definitely not like a potato chip. They are hard to describe but they are delicious. I hadn't seen the corn dogs either which is why I felt I couldn't miss the opportunity to try!

I am with you guys, sample packs would be really great. It definitely hurt when I didn't like that cheese!

Jennifer said...

All of your foods and finds sound great! I commented on the comment you just posted! I would like to bounce ideas off each other to naturally heal with foods! My husband had about 3 years of intense panic and anxiety issues. I had one recently, too, but it was completely different from the ones he had. Those attacks are so different and difficult! Hope things improve for you soon!

Jennifer said...

Funny that you mention not liking hot dogs, only because I hated hot dogs when I was little but fell in love with tofu dogs. lol I also remember LOVING the vegetarian corn dogs by Morning Star. I sill have yet to try these. I'm patiently waiting for a sale.

Sarah said...

Thanks! That is great, I'm definitely up for it! You can always message me through IG if you'd like! Anxiety and panic attacks are awful. My panic attacks have physical symptoms that mimic a heart attack or stroke and it's really terrifying. Thank you!

Sarah said...

That's so funny! I've tried vegan hot dogs and still don't love them but I think the cornbread aspect of the corn dogs sold me! I do really enjoy them. They are definitely pricey so I would definitely agree with waiting for the sale. I just grabbed them because it's so hard to find near me and I had not seen them yet!