Friday, March 16, 2018

What I Ate In A Day

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well! I'm hanging in, haha. I'm trying to get back to feeling normal after a bad reaction to prednisone (which I took after having an allergic reaction) and I just feel awful and all out of sorts. After I stopped taking it I wanted to do everything I could to get it out of my system as quickly and smoothly as possible so I have been trying to eat as healthy as possible. My appetite has been low so I've been doing the best I can to get meals down and luckily on the day that I photographed my meals I had shoveled snow twice so it helped boost my appetite a bit. I haven't done a what I eat in a day post in a while so I figured it would be a good time to do one.


For breakfast I had some avocado toast with salt and pepper and some pineapple on the side. This was so good and perfect for fueling the snow shoveling I would do after.


I had to shovel snow again at work so I was definitely ready for lunch. I had some rice with some broccoli on the side and it was really delicious.


For dinner that night I had some of the tofu scramble that I made (which is soooooooo good!) with a half of a potato that is smothered in some French dressing and roasted(I seriously love these potatoes).

So that is everything I ate in a day. Everything was delicious and pretty nourishing and although I'm still feeling like garbage I'm hoping that every day it'll get a little bit better. If I could offer any words of advice following my experience it is to make sure to disclose EVERYTHING to your prescribing doctor, even mental health issues. I went to an urgent care place and had not disclosed my mental health issues and the prednisone ended up being an absolute nightmare. I'm still trying to get past it and I'm still struggling so seriously, always disclose everything before being prescribed a medication.

It's not all doom and gloom though guys. I decided that I needed to challenge myself this week. I suffer from a very low self esteem and it is something that I'm working on in therapy. I decided that I was going to get rid of my biggest security blanket: my hair. I hide behind my hair because I don't think I'm pretty (and this isn't me trying to get people to tell me I'm pretty, trust me) and I decided that I can't do that anymore. So I went and chopped off 6-8 inches of hair and you guys... I LOVE IT. I'm so happy with it. My stylist did an amazing job and she even took the time to teach me how to curl it with a flat iron. In reality I probably still won't be able to do it haha but I'll try! Anyway, here it is!



I'm really happy with how it came out. I was worried about cutting it and she was more conservative with the length than I was... I kept on telling her to go shorter, haha! I figured if I was going to do it I had to do it. It's a bit shorter in the back than in the front and I just love it. So I'm really glad that I decided to do it and get rid of my security blanket. 

That's all I have for you today! Happy Friday and I hope you all have a great weekend!


12 comments:

Hillary said...

That looks like a perfect pineapple!! I'm so sorry you've been struggling. You are definitely eating nourishing so I hope it helps!!
I love your hair!! I definitely can relate to self esteem struggles. You look gorgeous and ready for spring!

J said...

Sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to the medication; I'm hoping you feel better soon! Your meals look great and your haircut is so cute! :D

Sarah said...

The pineapple was so good. It was probably my favorite thing I ate that day.

Thanks, it's been a rough week.

Thank you! I am definitely ready for spring and definitely motivated to learn how to get those curls myself, haha!

Sarah said...

Thank you! I'm feeling a bit better and hopefully will continue to as each day passes.

Thanks! I'm really happy with the cut and so glad I did it.

Panty Buns said...

So sorry to read about your allergic reactions compounded by the bad reaction to prednisone.
I have had bad allergic reactions to a few things in the past myself and received injections of both adrenaline and cortisone. It would have freaked me out if I'd gotten sick from the injections on top of it - yikes.
Oh. My. God!!! Those meals all look incredibly DELICIOUS!!!!!!
I love the photo of you. You look very pretty and your hair looks gorgeous!

P.S.: Are you on Twitter by chance?

My lingerie review blog = http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/ and my Twitter = @Panty_Buns

Panty Buns said...

P.S.: Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Jennifer said...

Love the new hair! It is amazing how much lighter your head feels when you chop off long hair.

Ingrid said...

I LOVE your haircut! It is super cute, and I bet you’ll master the flatiron curl faster than you think!

Allergic reactions are scary enough, and so to have a reaction to the drug that is supposed to be helping you - it sounds horrible! I hope it has completely left your system by now! And yes, full disclosure is always the best policy!

Sarah said...

Thanks, it was tough but I'm feeling a bit better every day. I'm sorry you've had to deal with allergic reactions as well.

Thank you so much!! The meals were delicious and thanks for the kind words about my picture :)

I'm technically on twitter but I haven't even looked at it in years so it probably isn't even worth it to follow me haha. I don't even remember my username! I'd have to check it!

Sarah said...

Thanks! I hope you enjoyed and were able to have a fun celebration!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much!! Oh man I know, it feels light and fresh and I'm really glad I did it.

Sarah said...

Thank you so much! Haha nope, no luck with the flat iron curl but I did get a cheap curling iron and have had slightly more luck with that. I know it'll get better with practice too.

Yeah, it was pretty awful. It's definitely out of my system but I'm dealing with residual panic still. It sucks but it's getting better every day. Thanks!