Tuesday, March 12, 2019

A Few Pantry Challenge Meals

Hey everyone! I hope that you are doing well and had a great weekend. I'm hanging in I guess. I haven't been feeling great physically or emotionally. The end of the week was completely emotionally draining and I haven't fully recovered from that. I'm just trying to push forward and get through it so we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

I did start my pantry challenge and have been eating some yummy meals! Most breakfasts are oatmeal and for some reason I can never remember to take a picture. I'm most out of it in the morning so that is probably why. Here are some other yummy meals that I ate.


You know I had to make more of my soup. This stuff is incredible and will definitely continue to be a staple meal for me. The rice cakes are sooooooo good in it.


I had some of the Trader Joe's frozen Jasmine Rice and Spring Rolls hanging out in my freezer and thought it would be a quick and delicious meal. I was correct, ha!


We went to my brother's house for dinner on Sunday and he made a ton of food and kindly included some amazing vegan offerings for me. I had my first Japanese Sweet Potato (I LOVED it! I don't eat sweet potatoes a lot because they can be too sweet for me to have with a savory meal but this was perfect!) along with some perfectly cooked mushrooms and broccoli. It was very delicious and very filling.


I was craving some comfort food last night so I had a small flatbread pizza. It was yummy and just the comfort meal I was craving.

I have some more delicious meals planned for the week! I'll be back on Friday to update you on what other things I came up with :)

I hope you have a great week! 💜

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love asian sweet potatoes! Definitely not as sweet which I like. I also love how nutty they taste

Bianca said...

LOVE Japanese sweet potatoes! They're so good! And that flatbread pizza looks so yummy. Sorry you're not feeling great! Hope things get better soon.

Unknown said...

When i find a meal i love i make it on repeat too! Those japanese/korean sweet potatoes are sooo good- they should be at your H mart :)) i like that they have a more dry texture as well as less sweet flavor. For a while i would bake a bunch on the weekend and then reheat and have with nut butter for breakfasts
Ttrockwood

Sarah said...

Jennifer: I really liked the sweet potato! I'm going to be incorporating it more for sure!

Bianca: Yes, they are so good! The pizza was great and just what I wanted. Thank you! <3

Ttrockwood: Yes, I'm definitely going to have to pick some up the next time I'm at H-Mart! OMG that sounds amazing with nut butter for breakfast!! I'm definitely going to do that. Thanks for the tip!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Yay, a pantry challenge! When I'm feeling energetic those can be fun. I call it "shopping in my kitchen." It usually means oatmeal for me, too (as you'll be seeing soon enough on Food for Dissertating).

Sarah said...

Student Turned Doctor: I know, pantry challenges can be fun! I'm struggling a bit with this one, mostly because there is nothing that I want to eat in general. That makes it even more difficult when you are limited to what you have already. Looking forward to seeing what your oatmeal looks like!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

So sorry you don't feel like eating! I'm afraid my oatmeal probably won't change that. But it wasn't bad, and it came with trail mix.

Susan said...

I don't think I have had Japanese sweet potatoes, though I really should see if I can find them. I've never seen them in the supermarkets, but I have heaps of Asian grocery stores around me. That was a really nice dinner your brother made you.

Hillary said...

That soup looks sooooo good! I need to get more enoki mushrooms from the Asian market!
I used to love to make pizza with pitas or flatbreads! Delicious!
You're making pantry meals look great!

Sarah said...

Student Turned Doctor: It's all good, it comes and goes :) I peeked at your oatmeal and it looks great!

Susan: They are so good! They are like a hybrid of an orange sweet potato and a regular potato… more starchy with a hint of sweetness. He is always very thoughtful when we go over his house!

Vegan Peace: Thanks! It is amazing and definitely a shape meal. The pizza was exactly what I needed. Haha thanks, I feel boring and totally uninspired so that was nice to hear!

J said...

All your pantry meals look super delicious! I've never had a Japanese sweet potato; I'll have to keep an eye out for them!

Earl Rosa said...

The Japanese sweet potato looks yummy, can you share the recipe with us. I will also ask Activeats about it, they deliver most of my vegan meals. I am sure they will fulfill my request.