Friday, March 8, 2019

So. Much. Soup.

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well and that you had a good week. I'm definitely ready for the weekend, some self care and some relaxation. I am tired and I am stressed but I am feeling better than I had been I suppose. I bet it has something to do with the amount of amazing soup I have been consuming over the past few days 😉 I am working on really tightening up my budget for a bit so I'm going to hold off on grocery shopping this week and I'm going to make all of my meals using up stuff in my pantry and freezer. I guess we'll see what I come up with! If I have to run to H-Mart to grab some super budget friendly produce I am good with that, I'll just try to keep it under $10-$15.

Anyway, let's check out some yummy stuff I've been eating.


As you can guess by now I've been eating soup every day. This was for lunch on Tuesday and it was the leftovers of the amazing soup I made on Monday night for dinner. Like I've mentioned, the broth is light but flavorful and the add ins are so perfect. It is by far my favorite meal right now.


Wednesday night I decided to make the same soup but I used the sliced rice cakes instead of udon noodles. OMG you guys. IT IS SO FREAKING GOOD!!! The soft tofu really gives it the egg drop soup vibe and adding in lots of green onion makes it that much better. I love the texture of the rice cakes in this soup as well. 


I made enough for two servings so I had the leftovers for lunch yesterday. I paired it with an apple and it was so perfect.



So I have clearly been eating tons and tons of soup. It's just what I've been craving this week. I didn't have any made for lunch at work today but I did have one of these Pot Pies that I had tried a few months ago in the freezer. I just brought it for a quick, easy lunch. I have to microwave it which is not ideal but I'm sure it'll be fine.

As I mentioned above I'll be doing a sort of pantry type challenge where I skip grocery shopping this weekend and try to make as many meals as I can out of the pantry, freezer and fridge. I know I'll be eating a lot more soup and I have a few other things planned. I love this type of challenge because it forces you to be creative and I can't wait to share what I've come up with!

I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll see you back here on Tuesday!

10 comments:

Hillary said...

I want all your soup! I guess we've been thinking alike this week!
I look forward to seeing what delicious pantry meals you come up with!

Bianca said...

Ooooh, that soup looks so good. I LOVE those little rice cakes so much. But udon noodles are awesome too. I'm already missing ramen! ha!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I've been skipping the grocery store a lot lately. It really does make a difference, and can inspire creativity. I hope it works out well for you!

Unknown said...

Oooh those rice cakes in soup are the best! It’s been a very soup weather kind of week. Maximizing what you have on hand for meals from the pantry and freezer can be very satisfying! H mart produce is fun since it’s just different enough from my usual grocery store buys it makes me be more creative
Ttrockwood

J said...

All of your soups look great! Good luck with your pantry challenge; looking forward to seeing what you'll make!

Sarah said...

Vegan Peace: OMG the soup is so good, I feel like you'd love it! Thanks! I am excited too, ha!

Bianca: The soup is amazing! I love the texture of the rice cakes so much, it's a really great soup. Aww I bet you are missing it, I know it's one of your favs!

Student-Turned-Doctor: I am definitely hoping it will inspire some creativity while saving some money. I already know I'll be eating a lot of soup next week, ha!

Ttrockwood: Yes!!!! The rice cakes are amazing, I have been LOVING them! I agree, this weather has been really cold and gross and perfect for comforting bowls of soup. I am definitely going to be utilizing H-Mart more often because of the great prices so we'll see what kinds of fun produce I try out!

Julie: Thanks! I am looking forward to sharing!

Jennifer said...

I should try and do a "pantry" challenge. I have so much stuff in my freezer and it needs to be cleaned out. It is impossible to find anything and it is dirty. Yikes.

Sarah said...

Jennifer: It works really well to help you clear stuff out without wasting it!

Susan said...

Your soups sound so good. Though it is 36dC here today, too hot for soup. Or for life. But I am glad someone somewhere can enjoy a warming bowl of soup!

I need to do a pantry challenge at some point, I have so much random stuff. I used to buy stuff and then kind of hoard it for whatever reason, but now I am trying to use it up before it goes out of date.

Sarah said...

Susan: Thank you! It is so good, you should definitely try it when it gets cold there! Pantry challenges are great for cleaning out and making space for new fun goodies ;)