Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Trader Joe's Haul and Meal Prep

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all well and that you had a great weekend. I had a really rough week last week but today is a new day and I'm going to try and turn it all around. I think self care is going to be a priority this week and I'm going to figure out ways to care for myself in whatever way I can. I started decluttering over the weekend and it felt good but I have a long way to go to get to a place where I no longer feel like I'm suffocating because of all of the stuff. I also have plans with a friend next Monday and I'm really excited. I haven't really been social at all in a long time and it'll be so nice to meet up with her and catch up.

Before I get into the haul and some meal prep I just want to take a second to let you know how much I appreciate all of you that read this blog. I am so incredibly lucky to have such a kind, supporting compassionate community to be a part of and you proved it in my last post. It means the world to me, you guys are amazing 💜 I try not to be salty about things but there are things that I take very seriously and mental health and eating disorders are things that I take very seriously and I will always speak up about it.

Anyway, now let's check out some awesome vegan food!


I went to Trader Joe's for the first time in a few weeks and got lots of fun stuff. For produce I got some butter lettuce, spinach, honeycrisp apples, teeny tiny taters (thanks for the suggestion Ttrockwood! Such a great idea!), grape tomatoes, baby carrots and asparagus.


For the grocery stuff I got some Super Nutty Toffee Clusters for the cereal cravings and lazy dinners, restaurant style tortilla chips, veggie spring rolls, mango kombucha, raw almonds (I have been craving raw almonds so much!), dolmas, Mediterranean Hummus, maple syrup and guacamole (also a big craving and I didn't feel like making it).

On Monday I took some time and did some meal prep for the week.


I roasted up some veggies including the teeny tiny taters and the asparagus.



You guys, this is the piece de resistance. This is a banana bread baked oatmeal with pecan chips and chocolate chips. I was debating the chocolate chips and I added them because I'm not mad at some chocolate chips for breakfast. I haven't tried it yet but it looks freaking incredible and I'm so excited. 

That's what I have for you today! I'll be back on Friday to share some stuff I'm eating this week. Thanks again for everything, I hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy the warmer weather!

8 comments:

Hillary said...

I haven't tried the mango kombucha yet. You bought it again, and bought two so I take that as an endorsement!
That oatmeal looks INCREDIBLE!!!! I know it has to be delicious!

Bianca said...

OOOOH that baked oatmeal looks SO GOOD. And I really have got to try those Nutty Toffee Clusters. I don't cereal often because it doesn't fill me up for longer than, say, an hour. But I do love cereal as a snack, and I need to make it my snack more often!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

The baked oatmeal looks amazing! I hope the tiny taters help you with your chopping issues. Guess what I just found, and thought of you? Field Roast mini corn dogs! They really fulfilled a craving I've been having. The cornbread coating could have been better but this was definitely a beggars can't be choosers situation.

I'm sorry you had a hard week, but I'm glad you have social time soon! I hope it fills you up.

How amazing is butter lettuce? Still my absolute favorite.

Unknown said...

I’m a huge fan of that butter lettuce, it has the best texture! That skinny asparagus at Tjs is making me so happy lately since i adore asparagus, especially the very thin kind.
How have i not tried that cereal before?? I’m a weirdo and don’t like cereal and milk much, but i love to snack on cereal dry- puffins are my favoritest.
That baked oatmeal is totally going to start your days off right!
Ttrockwood

Sarah said...

Vegan Peace: It's good! I love mango flavored anything ;) It was SUPER fizzy though which was weird but I definitely enjoyed it. The oatmeal is SO FREAKING GOOD. It's dense but delicious.

Bianca: It's amazing!! I don't eat cereal a lot either which is why the Maple Ladders lasted me so long. The Nutty Toffee Clusters are great for topping smoothie bowls or yogurt too so there are a ton of ways you can eat it. It would be a great snack too!

Student-Turned-Doctor: The baked oatmeal is DELICIOUS! The teeny tiny taters were a perfect solution and they got perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I love them. And thank you, hopefully it will pass soon. I'm definitely looking forward to getting together with my friend on Monday. Butter lettuce is my favorite too! And OMG the corn dogs are SO GOOD!! I don't mind the corn bread at all and the hot dogs are good too (and I've never liked hot dogs). I'm going to have to try the field roast hot dogs on their own this summer!

Ttrockwood: Yes, butter lettuce for the win! And I know what you mean, the skinny asparagus is AMAZING. I've only seen the thinner stalks recently and I'm loving it. Definitely try the cereal, it is great! What kind of puffins do you like? I love the cinnamon flavor!

Susan said...

That baked oatmeal looks seriously amazing.
I really wish we had Trader Joe's here, they seem to have so much fun stuff. Our supermarkets are fine and everything, but Trader Joe's always seems to be awesome.
I love those mini potatoes! It is really hard to find proper bitty potatoes here.

Sarah said...

Susan: OMG it's SOOOOOO GOOD. I wish you had Trader Joe's too!!! Maybe we can work out a little visit from the Trader Joe's fairy ;) The mini potatoes are awesome and definitely the perfect solution to the chopping problem.

J said...

Great hauls and yay for roasted veggies! Your banana bread baked oatmeal looks incredible!