Friday, March 15, 2019

More Pantry Meals

Hey everyone! Happy Friday! I hope all is well. I'm getting through the week and looking forward to the weekend. I see some decluttering happening in my future for sure. I get into these phases where I look at my stuff and it annoys me and I need to get rid of it. I have a lot of sentimental attachment to things but they just end up taking space so I need to be a little more cutthroat while I declutter. For example, I have makeup that is long expired and it just needs to go. I think the new season of Queer Eye comes out this weekend (maybe today?!) as well so I think that I'm going to be a little lazy and a little productive this weekend.

For today's post I have a few more pantry meals. I've been pretty uninspired lately. There is literally nothing that I want to eat. You know when you just don't crave anything? That's me. I make meals to get food in my stomach but there is nothing that is super satisfying because I just never want anything. Does that happen to you? What do you eat when you feel like that?

Anyway, let's get to the meals!


I had more pizza and this time it was in the form of a pizza bagel. This made me feel like a kid again and was delicious. 


This soup has become a staple meal for me. This one has udon noodles and I decided to store it in a quart sized Chinese Food container. I personally think it looks like it came from a restaurant 😉 It's quick and easy and satisfying and is a good go to meal when you just aren't craving anything.


Lunch one day was a peanut butter sandwich with a banana. Honestly this wasn't really satisfying because I really have to be in the mood for peanut butter (I know, blasphemy) and I definitely was not. 


A ginormous honeycrisp apple. This was very refreshing and I seriously can't wait for summer fruit to be back in season.

I know it's not a ton of meals but that's a good representation of what I've been eating. I had an udon noodle stir fry with frozen veggies in my mind all week but I just haven't wanted to eat it and I didn't want to make it and waste it. I'm sure I'll make it soon enough when I have a craving but it wasn't meant to be this week.

I'm definitely going to have to go shopping this week because I really want some fresh foods in my life. I'll probably do it at H-Mart since the prices are amazing. I'll hopefully have a haul for you on Tuesday!

I hope you have a great weekend. What are your weekend plans? 💜

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Pizza bagel!! Yes! That sounds so amazing to me right now.... and i am positive your soup is way better than any chinese takeout soup!

When I’m indecisive about a meal i end up either making a big salad with everything on hand (there’s always some kind of bean and some kind of nuts or seeds around plus bits of veg) or i make a snacky plate of random things. Actually i have snacky plates a lot!
Enjoy the weekend, hopefully we get some more sunshine :)
Ttrockwood

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I'm sorry your appetite is gone! I hope it comes back soon. I usually let myself just eat two meals/day when I'm really, really not interested, and fill out the rest with juice (so I don't get dehydrated and still get some calories). Breakfast cereal with soy milk is a go-to for me a lot of the time, too--it has some good proteins and is fortified with a lot of vitamins. Usually knowing I have a blog helps me, because I have to show you guys something pretty I've made for myself! Blogging really helps me keep eating better. Would thinking about what you're going to tell us about your food help? Is there something that you don't get excited to eat but might want to show off on your blog?

Sarah said...

Ttrockwood: The pizza bagel was really delicious! Not to brag but I think I may agree about the soup ;) Snacky plates are a great idea. I think I need to keep some avocados on hand to make some quick guac with things to dip because you can never go wrong with guac.

Student-Turned-Doctor: I think that eating two meals a day while I feel like this is a really good idea and probably something I'll start doing until I feel better. I will probably eat a piece of fruit rather than juice just out of preference (I have nothing against juice I just rarely drink it) but I think that sounds like a perfect idea. Honestly thinking about the blog when I feel like this adds to my anxiety. I feel like I want to post great things but I don't want to bother making anything or eating anything and I feel like I'll be letting people down. It's weird and hard to balance but I think that my strategy for next week will be 2 meals per day with some snacks and definitely prepping ahead of time so I can just throw quick meals together.

J said...

Pizza bagels are great, and you always manage to find such gigantic apples, haha! Your udon noodle stir fry sounds like a delicious meal; I hope your appetite comes back soon so you can make & enjoy it!

Jennifer said...

I still use my make up when it expires. Yikes. lol I think soemtimes it doesn't matter too much, but I guess the eye stuff freaks me out. I need new mascara because mine is so old and clumpy. Plus pink eye scares me. I'm going through a clean out phase with my clothes. Selling a bunch of stuff on Poshmark and it is killing me to have a friend come over to help take photos of the rest so I can just try and sell it already.

Susan said...

Pizza bagel looks great!
I too have times when I just don't feel like eating anything. Normally I just sit there and can't think of anything I feel like eating until I suddenly get so hungry that I eat a bunch of random stuff and then feel sick. Or I just eat PB on toast. Unlike you, I am always in the mood for peanut butter. ;)

Sarah said...

Julie: The pizza bagel was delicious! I'm hoping to make the stir fry this week, hopefully I can get to it!

Jennifer: I don't go by the minute on makeup but I've had some of this stuff for YEARS. I definitely would not use mascara past the date, I'm also really freaked out by eye infections. A good declutter is always so cleansing.

Susan: Thanks! The pizza bagel was delicious! I will do the same, I will just snack while I'm trying to figure it out and then I just say forget it to the actual meal. Peanut butter and banana on toast is actually something I will eat when I just can't figure it out, but that's usually if I don't have an avocado on hand ;)