Friday, July 26, 2019

Random Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone, I hope you are all well! Happy Friday to you. I'm sure you are all looking forward to your weekend. I'm looking forward to mine, just need to get through a few more days first. This week has been a little more difficult, I've been missing him a lot. I've been getting through it though and I know that it will be like this for a very long time. The sadness comes in waves but I'm doing ok. I'm looking forward to getting into more art projects. It's been a busy week but after Sunday I'll have more time to spend on my art. I also ordered some supplies and embellishments and I'm really excited to get everything and start using them. I really love the dark aesthetic that I've been working with recently and plan to continue with that. I want to push myself and see what I can come up with!

Anyway, I have a few photographs of things I've been eating lately.


I figured I'd start with the brightest, most colorful meal 😂 I've been enjoying simple salads lately and this one just has greens and grape tomatoes with a little olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper with a few dolmas. It's really good and I'm glad to be getting my greens in.


Of course that's to balance out the garbage food, haha. This dinner was some curly fries and Morningstar Nuggets.


My obligatory weekly pumpernickel bagel with tofu spread.


Summer fruit of the week is plums! So yummy!

I went out to dinner with someone I met through Doug and we had a really nice time! I am going to share the food during MoFo as one of my Long Island Vegan Restaurant posts. It was delicious and the company was wonderful. She told me some amazing stories about him and I am really enjoying learning more about him through his friends.

That's all I have for you today. Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? Stay cool if it'll be hot near you and I hope you all have a great weekend! 💚



7 comments:

J said...

Your salad and dolmas look like a perfect summer meal! Hooray for curly fries!
Looking forward to your MoFo posts, and I can't wait to see more art with your new aesthetic!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I love curly fries SO MUCH! I'm glad you had a good lunch with a new friend. I hope you can continue to soothe yourself in whatever non-harmful way makes sense.

Hillary said...

The salad with dolmas looks so beautiful! I had a big salad last night and I totally agree about getting in the greens!
I'm g;ad you're meeting some of his good friends.
I hope you have a great weekend and I can't wait for more art and your MOFO posts!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have tried to respond so many times, but I keep having trouble. I’m so so sorry this week has been a struggle. I wish I could do something to help.

I was talking about me when I wrote I didn’t think there could be this much sadness and fear. I apologize for how that read. I wouldn’t presume regarding someone else’s feelings.

Thank you for blogging and for all your help.

Sarah said...

Julie: Thanks, it was delicious! I LOVE curly fries, ha! And thanks, I'm really excited about MoFo and seeing your posts as well!

The Student-turned-Doctor: I knooooow, curly fries are sooooo good! It was really nice to get together with her. Something I've been trying to keep up since he passed was being more social. He brought that out of me and I want to make sure I don't go back to where I was.

Hillary: Yes, the fresh salads and fruit help so much! They make you feel so much better. It's been really nice getting to know his friends and thanks!!

Anonymous: Oh no, I'm so sorry you've been having trouble commenting! I appreciate your persistence, I really love reading your comments. I'm so sorry that you are struggling so much. It's so difficult to overcome and I hope that you will take care of yourself and I know that you will be able to climb out of it. It's not easy but I know that you can do it <3 Thank you so much for trusting me enough to open up and I truly hope that you will be able to find some peace.

Susan said...

Curly fries are so fun! Looks like a nice balance of food you have been eating. Those plums are giving me cravings! We had a weirdly short plum season this year.

Sarah said...

Susan: Thanks!! The plums have been so good, really sweet!!