Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Stuff I Ate and Daiso!

Hey everyone! I hope that all is well and that you had a nice weekend and were able to stay cool. I don't know about you and where you are but it was FUCKING HOT here on Saturday and Sunday. I worked on Saturday so I was inside and ok but holy crap Sunday was insane. That was the day I was out with my friends and it wasn't bad at all because we were inside most of the time but it was even warm in that mall because it probably just would take too much power too cool it down and more. Plus there were a lot of people there so it probably also made it more difficult to cool down. I hope you all got through the heat wave ok and were able to have a great weekend.

For today's post I have some stuff I ate, a mini Daiso haul (like super mini) and my newest art piece. I am SO PROUD of this piece, it is probably my new favorite. It's unique and I just love it.


For dinner one night I had my last Aldi burger with the last tiny bit of Daiya Mozzarella shreds, some chips and some cherries. I love adding a little fruit to my meals because it just super refreshing.


I ran to the deli next door to grab lunch one day and they had these delicious roasted potatoes which I paired with some broccoli and cauliflower.


As I mentioned, my friends and I went to Daiso on Sunday and it was a very fun store! It is a Japanese dollar store (although here everything is priced at $1.99 and some items were more expensive) and they have the CUTEST stuff. I showed a whole lot of self control since my budget is tight and I was planning on splurging on art supplies that I "need" so I decided that I just need to save my pennies where I can. I did pick up a few items that I thought would be adorable to use in some projects so I grabbed these heart and star clips and these little flower embellishments. I definitely had to restrain myself in the stationery section, it was SO CUTE!

We walked around the mall a little bit and found the Japanese market that was there and decided to look around there too. I wanted SO MUCH STUFF but it was so hot that we just felt it wouldn't be a good idea to get stuff because it probably wouldn't make it. We already decided that when they come back into town and it's cooler out we are going to go back and get some cool stuff.

After the mall we went to a Turkish restaurant to grab some lunch. I've been to this place a lot and I actually went with them back in December so we knew we'd enjoy our meal and it was also a lot lighter than the other food options we could think of and it was too hot to eat a heavy meal.


We started with hummus and OMG THEY MAKE THE BEST HUMMUS. 


I got the Veggie Kebabs which comes with rice and salad and pickled cabbage. It was delicious, I always enjoy this meal!


Finally, here is my latest piece! I had the thought of going for an "industrial bubble" vibe and I didn't even know what it meant when I sat down to work on this piece. I really freaking love how it came out. I love that people think that I used metal in this piece because there is no metal at all, it's all cardboard, cabochons and beads! I love the darker vibe (that is closer to my overall aesthetic than the "pretty" florals) and I love that I pushed myself way out of my comfort zone. I'm really proud of this piece.

I'm also really excited to say that someone approached me to do my first custom piece and the concept that they wanted IS SO FREAKING AWESOME and right up my alley! I'm going to keep the details to myself for now but I really can't wait to share it with you. I have really been enjoying working on my art and it's something I want to pursue further. I'm also planning on setting up a YouTube channel because I have had SO MANY requests for tutorials and so many questions asking how I make these. I just need to figure out logistics! I'll keep you posted on the progress!

So that is all I have for you today. I hope that you all have a wonderful week and I'll be back on Friday to catch up with you again! 💚

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really does look like metal. That’s amazing. It’s beautiful. You have every right to be proud.

Sarah said...

Anonymous: I'll reply to both of your comments here as it will be easier for you to see everything in one spot! First, thank you so much, I'm so glad you like the piece! It was really fun to create! And it really has meant a lot to me that you have been enjoying my posts and that it has been soothing for you. I know that it can be comforting to read the words of others and it can also be a nice distraction. Yes, I do live with sadness and worry but there are also times where I am happy and hopeful and the last almost 3 years of therapy have helped me tremendously. And even though losing Doug has been the most painful thing I've ever experienced in my life, having him in my life was truly incredible and I'm so grateful for every second I had with him. I've seen a profound change in myself since I met him and his influence will stay with me forever. So the current pain and sadness is truly awful and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy but at the same time, the strength I'm gaining and knowing he will always be with me have helped and I know that I'm going to be ok. <3 Thank you again for your kind words, it truly means the world to me!

Hillary said...

I can't believe that piece has no metal! I never, ever in a million years would have guessed that! I think this is my favorite piece you've shared. Well, that or the purple flowers. Either way you're so talented!
OMG, a YouTube channel is a great idea!!

Kate said...

That vegan kebab looks absolutely amazing! I am seriously drooling here.

And wow, you are very talented! It's stunning!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

So pretty! And also, wow to that hummus--that's dedication to presentation!

Sarah said...

Hillary: It's so funny, everyone is shocked that there is no metal! I'll show the before the paint pic on Friday, I think it is so interesting to see the before and after! And thank you so much <3

Kate: The vegan kebab was incredible. The veggies were perfectly cooked and it was such a perfect meal. Thank you!!

The Student-Turned-Doctor: Thank you! <3 OMG the hummus is amazing and they do indeed have a nice presentation!

Blake Fraina said...

This is far and away your best piece of artwork yet. Very Snowpiercer. Keep at it.

Susan said...

That is an amazing piece. And so cool that you will be doing some custom work! Your stuff is great.

Sarah said...

Blake: Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!! <3

Susan: Thank you! I really enjoyed working on this piece and I guess it shows ;) I'm really excited about the custom piece, it's going to be a lot of fun!

J said...

I'm glad you had a nice time with your friends, even though it was so hot! The hummus and veggie kebabs look fantastic! I love this new artwork, and how awesome that you're going to do a custom piece! The YouTube channel sounds like a great idea, too!

Sarah said...

Julie: Thanks! It was hot but so fun and so nice to see them. The kebabs were AMAZING! Thank you, I'm so excited for all of these upcoming projects!

Jennifer said...

So glad you have a lot of interest in your art! I have always wanted to ask if you would sell your pieces on Etsy or not.

I wish I had a Daiso closer to me. There is one in Edgewater NJ, but that is closer to NYC than where I am. *cries*