Friday, July 19, 2019

Stuff I Ate

Hey everyone. I hope you are all well and that you had a good week. I'm glad it's almost over and that the weekend is almost here. I am quite excited that I will be seeing my dear friend on Sunday. She's in town for the weekend and I am always so happy when I am able to spend some time with her and her husband. We have plans to go to Daiso which is a Japanese dollar store. They loved it when they went to Japan and saw that there is one here in Flushing so she asked if I wanted to go and I said of course! I love a good dollar store ;) I'm hoping to find some cool stuff to use in art projects.

Things are pretty much the same otherwise. Emotion comes in waves but I miss him every day. I'm trying to make a plan for MoFo and honestly get a little ahead because the thought of blogging every day Monday-Friday is a bit daunting right now but I'm so excited to come up with new content. I have some cool stuff in mind so yay!

I don't have a ton to share with you today because I just didn't photograph most of my meals but I will share what I do have.


Lots of watermelon. There were also a lot of cherries in my life but I didn't photograph them. I'm loving all of the fresh summer fruit so much.


A personal pita pizza was perfect for a pizza craving.


Lazy breakfast of a pumpernickel bagel with tofu spread.


A beautiful hibiscus flower 💜 These are my favorite flowers, I have a tattoo of one on the back on my ankle. I had to take a picture and share it with you guys.

So that's all I have for you today. I will be back on Tuesday with more food and if I get anything at Daiso I will certainly share that with you as well.

Have a great weekend 💚

7 comments:

J said...

Hope you have a nice visit with your friend and find some good stuff at Daiso! Personal pita pizzas are so fun!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I love taking photos of flowers, too. I'm glad you have friends coming to visit! I wish there were a Japanese dollar store near me, but I'd probably go broke there so it's just as well there isn't.

I'm really looking forward to VeganMoFo and I'm glad you're participating!

Hillary said...

I'm really loving summer fruit too! I can't stop eating plums and nectarines!
I'm so happy you get to hang out with your friends! I hope it brings some healing.
Can't wait to see your finds!
I'm drinking hibiscus iced tea as I'm reading this!

Susan said...

Summer fruit is the best fruit!
Enjoy Daiso! We have several around me and it is so much fun in there.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I wanted to offer my deepest condolences and tell you how so sorry I am for your loss. I really hope things will get better for you soon.

I’m new here and I’m not trying to be presumptuous or overly familiar, but I have just read your blog backwards until the end in the past few days. I hope to find your previous blogs and read them as well. You are helping me with some horrific things in my life (at least when I’m reading your blog the intrusive thoughts kind of stop). I want to thank you for the help and kindness your blog provides.

Be well

Sarah said...

Julie: Thank you, it was so nice to see my friends and Daiso was so fun! I wish I could have gotten more but it was so fun to look around!

The Student-turned-Doctor: The flowers were too pretty not to! It was great to see them, and I showed such restraint there. They had SUCH CUTE STUFF. I'm excited about MoFo too and I can't wait to see your posts!

Hillary: Summer fruit is the best! I just got some plums and I can't wait to have them. It was really nice to see my friends and it is always good for the soul. It's been a better few days for me so I'm just riding the lull as best as I can. Oooh hibiscus iced tea sounds delicious!

Susan: It really is the best fruit! It was so much fun! It wasn't a huge store but they had really cute stuff!

Anyonymous: Thank you so much, I really appreciate that <3 I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling but I'm glad that my blog was able to be a distraction from your thoughts for a little while and was hopefully able to bring your some comfort. I really truly appreciate your kind words. If it makes it easier for you, my last blog was: http://nerdyonlongisland.blogspot.com I also currently have a second blog that is solely about living with mental illness. It is quite raw and very honest. I don't know if it will be triggering for you but here is the link if you think you'll want to take a look: http://shinebrightinthedarkness.blogspot.com I post there every Sunday <3 Thanks again for spending your time with me and my blog!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for responding. You are very kind.
I’m reading nerdy on Long Island now and I really am grateful for it. There is something about your posts that soothes me.
I’m not sure if I’m ready for shine bright. I never thought there could be so much sadness and worry inside one person.

Thank you so much for shining bright even when you are struggling...your response means a lot to me. I’m so grateful for you.
♥️