Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Stuff I Ate and MoFo!

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well and had a good weekend. I'm hanging in, thankfully I had therapy yesterday and it was definitely helpful. I'm still feeling low but I'm trying to push through and stay strong. I let myself get the emotions out but I'm trying not to let myself get to a place where I have to climb back out again. I know he wouldn't want me to crumble either. I'm also really going to focus on self care this week because something we discussed in therapy again is that I need to focus on taking care of myself.



I do have some exciting news though. As I mentioned, I decided that I really wanted to participate in Vegan MoFo this year! I finally decided on a few themes to cycle through over the course of the month. They are Budget Vegan, Long Island Vegan Restaurants, Restaurant Copycats and Trying Other Bloggers' Recipes. I will also include some Stuff I Ate posts and grocery hauls since that is what my blog tends to be and I want to stay true to that. I haven't decided if there will be a structured schedule or if I'll just post what I want when I feel like it. I will definitely also be including some art and I LOVED Julie's idea of doing art inspired by food and I have a few ideas already 😊 I will be doing my best to post Monday-Friday and take the weekends off. I think this is actually exactly what I need to get me back into being more creative and getting me out of my head and lifting me back up. Doug and I were on the same page that showing amazing vegan food is the best way to promote veganism so I am totally going to do the best I can to honor that and him through this month.


Random dinner of chick'n parm and some waffle fries.


Yummy lunch from the deli near me. Rice with broccoli, cauliflower and some yucca. Yum!


Sometimes you just need a big pile of fruit. It's been pretty hot here so this container of cherries and watermelon was perfect and refreshing on a hot day.


Yummy dinner of roasted veggies, tomatoes, dolma, stuffed grape leaves and hummus. My signature dish, ha!


Aldi veggie burger, grapes and chips.


Of course I need to get in as much fresh fruit as possible so here is a little fruit salad of grapes and cantaloupe.


I decided to leave my comfort zone with my newest piece and I am so happy I did because I LOVE THIS. I went for a Steampunk style piece and I'm really happy with how it came out. I love the colors together, the grungy look and the elements that I used. I'm really happy with this.


Gears are a huge part of the Steampunk look and I had a few in my stash and I think it looks awesome.


I was really happy with the composition of this one as well. I'm really excited to keep experimenting and going out of my comfort zone to see what I can come up with. 

So this ended up being a much longer post than I expected but I guess I was just feeling like I was getting in the MoFo mood 😉 I'm really excited about it this year and I'm hoping that this will be the catalyst I need to push myself on this blog more and get out of the rut I'm in. Like I mentioned, Doug and I both believe(d) that sharing amazing vegan food is the best way to promote veganism and I'm going to do everything I can to do so in his honor.

I hope that you all have a great week and I'll see you back here on Friday 💚


7 comments:

Holly said...

Looking forward to your veganmofo posts!!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

Yay, VeganMoFo! I feel a little weird because I don't do anything really special for it--I post frequently enough that I just throw in extra content--but maybe whatever we do is okay? I agree that promoting veganism comes in part from promoting great vegan food! I love all the fruit you're eating.

Hillary said...

Summer is so perfect for eating all the fruit!
That chicken parm with waffle fries meal is calling to me!
I've always been fascinated with steampunk art. I really, really love that piece.
Yay, I'm excited your doing MoFo!

Susan said...

Your MoFo plan sounds awesome! :)

Sarah said...

Holly: Thank you! <3

The Student-turned-Doctor: I am excited for MoFo, I'm hoping it's just the boost/distraction that I need to get back on track! The fruit has been sooooo good!

Hillary: Yes, summer is the best and I need to get even more fruit in my life! Thank you so much, I'm quite proud of this piece. I'm excited for MoFo too!

Susan: Thanks! <3

J said...

Your MoFo themes sound great; I'll definitely be looking forward to your posts! So much good food, and I love your steampunk art!

Jennifer said...

Catching up on posts, so I felt silly posting comments on really old blog posts, but I send my the thoughts and good vibes over to you.

Yey Vegan MOFO! I will be participating this year, and hopefully can keep up with the reading and posting lol